Starstruck Chapter 16. Lines Meet

Chapter 16. Lines Meet

Ten years have passed since I last saw Glace. We had no contact all those times. During the years, I fell in love with a girl named Hera. She was as beautiful as her name and she made me feel special. She was no actress like Glace but she never broke my heart. We adopted a child and named her Freeda. She was as beautiful as her mother and made me the happiest.

I was kidding of course. There was no Hera and I didn’t fall in love with anyone else. My heart still belonged to Glace and at the back of my mind, I knew she would always have it. Ten years didn’t pass either. But today was the school play and everyone gathered in the auditorium to watch us. So you felt bad because of my little trick? Bite me.

I heard the announcer- aka my English teacher say that our class was up in 30 minutes. That gave me more jitters that I didn’t need at the moment. I was nervous as it was and it just got worse. My classmates and I were currently backstage. Or at the back of the makeshift stage if you want to put it that way, preparing for our performance.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Denise approaching at 3 o’clock. “Hey babe,” she greeted as she got near me. “Did you see my sterling act?”

“Uh huh,” I mumbled while trying to breathe through the corset I was wearing inside. It was, as the song went, killing me softly. Why did Juliet have to wear such clothing? It was beyond me.

Denise twirled her blonde hair with a finger, waiting for me to speak. “So what do you want?” I asked.

“I’m here to wish you a good luck of course.” She leaned near me and whispered. “I won’t give you up for anyone Dulce. Not for any bimbo girl and definitely not for Frio.” She pasted a bright smile on her face. “I just wanted to tell you that. Bye hotshot!” Denise turned around and walked slowly from me, pushing a couple of my classmates out of her way.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw her gone. She was always too difficult. Nothing could ever shake her. Speaking of difficult, I peeked behind the curtain and saw all the seniors, teachers, our parents, not to mention the whole student body sitting on the other side. I groaned loudly.

What the hell should I do now? I never should have agreed to become Juliet. It was a bad idea. I blame Glace. No. I blame my classmates, Tim, and Patty.

A quick glance at my wristwatch told me that we only had 20 minutes left before the play starts. Fudge! I needed to prepare mentally. When I turned around, I was nearly knocked on the floor by someone.

“Oops sorry Dulce. I didn’t see you there.”

“Eris?” I asked in confusion. “What are you doing here?”

She patted my arm softly. “Frio asked me to keep the paparazzi out remember? I was only making sure that it happens.” She flipped her straight hair behind her shoulder. “I am still her manager you know.”

I raised my eyebrow. “I thought she’s not going to act anymore? What does she need a manager for?”

Eris stifled a smile. “She’s just taking a break Dulce. Frio belongs in the limelight. Sooner or later she has to return, or her fans won’t like it.” She tapped her stiletto impatiently on the floor. “Let’s just say that I’m allowing her to play hooky for now.”

“I think we have to leave that decision to her,” I said with my arms crossed.

She smiled widely this time. “Manager knows best little virgin,” she said in a singsong voice. I rolled my eyes at her. “And are managers supposed to kiss their talent?”