Starstruck Chapter 12. So Close

Chapter 12. So Close

Thanks to Glace, my fever has finally subsided. Mom was still gone for her job and the teacher told me take the rest of the week off to get better. It was a Thursday morning and I woke up to the image of Glace sleeping peacefully beside me. Ever since she arrived on Tuesday night, she wouldn’t leave me alone. She said I was too sick for my own good so she stayed the night.

I’d be lying if I tell you that I wasn’t happy about it because every time I see her inside my room, small fireworks would explode in my stomach. I also knew that it wasn’t good for me since she was gaga over her mystery girl who I was beginning to hate.

My eyes drifted to her sleeping form on my left. A pillow separated us but I could still feel her warmth. The comforter was draped just below her shoulder, though I could still make out her feminine silhouette. Her full lips were slightly open, hinting that she was in deep sleep.

Gently, I removed the pillow between us and moved closer to her. She didn’t stir so I went as near to her as possible without waking her up. We were lying on our side, face-to-face. I felt her warm breath on my face. Slowly, I brought my hand up and touched her cheek. I knew that she didn’t love me, but I wanted to enjoy the little time I had with her. Even if it was stolen.

“What are you doing to me Glace?” I whispered. “Stop running in my mind all the time. If you don’t, I’ll be in freefall but you won’t catch me.”

She surprised me by sighing in her sleep. I stopped moving thinking that she woke up, but when she didn’t, I continued caressing her smooth cheek. “Dulce,” she murmured under her breath. I couldn’t help but smile. She was calling out my name. Was she dreaming of me? God, I hope so.

The action was totally forbidden, but I brought the comforter down a little and snuggled near her chest. She snaked her arms around me and tangled her legs with mine. I tried to think of her in a totally non-sexual way, but it was no use. Being the teenager that I was, my hormones were up the roof. She was wearing next to nothing too so it made the whole thing more intense

I blushed furiously as I realized that I was horny for her. I’ve never felt this way before. My only knowledge about it was the one I read in books, but man it was weird. I had this strange urge to do things to her. My eyes squeezed shut. Don’t think about it. Don’t think about it. Don’t think about it, I chanted in my mind. Don’t freaking think about.

“What shouldn’t you think about Dulce?”

I opened my eyes. Did I say that out loud? Fudge! “Nothing,” I mumbled and removed my arms from her. Before I could turn away, she touched my back and pushed me toward her body, not allowing me to move from her. “Let’s stay like this a little while longer,” she murmured over my hair.

“Okay,” I said shakily. My heartbeat picked up its rhythm and I knew she could feel it too. But even if she did, she didn’t ask about it and just held me tightly in her arms. “I love feeling you like this Dulce. You’re so soft. I love waking up next to you.”

I wish you love me too, I thought sadly.

“Glace,” I whispered.

“Yeah?”

“What if I?” I cleared my throat. “What if I fall in love with you?”

She froze in an instant and didn’t breathe. After like 10 seconds, she relaxed and leaned away to look into my eyes. “Are you?” she asked huskily.

“No of course not,” I lied. “It was a stupid question. But uhm what will you do?”

She inhaled deeply. “Fall in love with me first before you know the answer.” I pouted at her. “That’s not fair Glace.” She resumed her warm hug and murmured, “Well what would you have me do?”