Starstruck Chapter 17. Almost

Chapter 17. Almost

Three days after the school play, Glace and I still haven’t talked yet. I was more than ready to tell her everything about my feelings, but sadly we weren’t given that opportunity. Right after our performance and little kissing on the stage, the lights opened and everything went back to normal. We planned to meet up but apparently, the paparazzi caught wind of the whole thing despite Eris’ effort to keep them away.

They stalked Glace all the way outside the school grounds, hampering all our plans to talk. She couldn’t go back to her house either because she was afraid a photographer may follow her there and discover her new property. So she had to sleep at a random hotel and stay there for days. I felt sorry for her.

I was excited for today though. The paparazzi were beginning to relax again and Glace thought that it was safe to visit my house. It was good timing too since there were only a few days left before Christmas, and I really wanted us to talk before the Holidays. So there I was on the living room couch with my mom, patiently waiting for my Peter Pan.

When the doorbell rang, I caught my mom giving me a look before I stood up from the couch and walked to the front door. “Hey stranger,” Glace greeted with a smile when I opened the door. “Hey yourself,” I replied while letting her through. “Come in. Mom’s in the living room.”

I watched her walk in a relaxed manner all the way to my mom. She was cute as always and smelled really good. I followed her to the living room and saw her sit beside mom. No further introduction was in order since both of them were already close- from what I gathered, but I still needed to do that. For formality sakes at least.

“Mom,” I said nervously. “You know her as Frio, but this is Glace. She’s my friend.” I tucked my hand inside my jeans pocket and waited for them to speak up. Mom raised her eyebrow while Glace just had this amused expression on her face.

“Just a friend Dulce?” mom asked while looking from Glace to me, and back to Glace. “I thought you already made your move?” mom said to Glace.

“I was getting there Andrea, but the paparazzi ruined the moment.” She shrugged and settled back comfortably on the couch. It was my turn to look from my mom to Glace. “What are you talking about guys?” I asked.

“It’s nothing sweetie,” mom dismissed with a wave of her hand. “So both of you are not together yet?” Her question made me blush. “No mom, but Glace and I need to talk.”

“Yes we do,” Glace said and turned to mom. “Do you mind if we go to her room and discuss about something? I promise I’ll be good.” The corners of her mouth perked up. Mom rolled her eyes and stood up from the couch. “Go ahead. Don’t break her heart though. That’s my little girl right there.”

“Fudge mom! That’s embarrassing,” I said and headed for the stairs. When I reached my room, I settled on the bed and had to wait for a few minutes before Glace followed me inside. She sat right beside me. Her nearness made my heart beat like a drum. Quiet down heart, or Glace might hear you.

Sensing that I wasn’t going to start the conversation, Glace turned to face me and said, “Was everything you said to me that day true Dulce? If you were just caught up in the moment, you should tell me.” She raised her hand and touched my face. “I don’t want you to say it just for the hell of it. Because every time I utter the words I love you, I mean every word.”

I touched her hand which was currently on my cheek and closed my eyes for a second. “It wasn’t a lie Glace. I am in love with you,” I said softly. She took a deep breath beside me and turned away to hide her smile, but I saw it.