Starstruck Chapter 21. Glace

Chapter 20. Glace

He’s late, I thought as I glanced at my wristwatch. I paced the living room back and forth, anxiously waiting for the person I wanted to see least in this world right now. My mind wandered to his face. He has been giving me tremendous migraines for the past few days, and I could not wait to talk to him and just get this over with. Plead with him if needed.

After minutes of waiting, the doorbell finally rang and I headed to the direction of the gate. I didn’t greet him as I opened it wide and watched him walk in confident strides all the way inside my house. It has been like this ever since I could remember. He never truly loved me. But this time was different. He was taking something precious from me and I wouldn’t allow that. Not if I could help it.

I followed him inside and saw that he has already settled himself comfortably on the couch in my living room. Like always, he had that annoying look on his face. One that I despised yet loved at the same time. I couldn’t avoid it. He was my dad after all.

“Break up with Andrea,” I said without beating around the bush. It was the only reason why I’d contact him after all those years.

My dad placed one leg on top of the other and leaned back on the couch like he owned the thing. It made me irritated because I was the one who worked hard for that. For everything that I had at the moment. And yes that included the couch.

“I won’t,” he said with a smirk. It made his brown eyes twinkle. From a stranger’s point of view, we didn’t look anything alike. While both of us had brown eyes, mine was coffee colored and his was a lighter shade. My hair was also raven black, but his were strangely dirty blonde. He was handsome though, I would give him that. But it was clear that I didn’t get a single feature from him.

I glared angrily at my so-called dad. “I’m dating her daughter. I love Dulce,” I said truthfully. But I was careful not to put too much emotion in my tone or he’d take advantage of that. My father was a very smart man and he loved to manipulate people. He’d use my emotion against me.

“I don’t give a fuck if you’re dating Andrea’s daughter. She’s my girlfriend and I’m planning to propose to her in a few weeks time. Get rid of that feeling Glace because Dulce is going to be your sister.”

I bit the inside of my cheek angrily and tasted blood in my mouth. “You’re an asshole,” I said bitterly. “Don’t you care about how I feel? Even if you’ve refused to acknowledge me years ago, that doesn’t erase the fact that I’m your daughter. Can’t you do it for my happiness?”

Dad cocked his head to the side. “No. Frankly, that lesbian lifestyle of yours is disgusting Glace. Do you think you can marry Dulce and have a family with her? Of course you not!” he said while standing up abruptly from the couch. “You have no future with that girl. It’s best if you move on from her and settle down with a nice man. Your mother would have wanted that.”

“Don’t drag mom in this conversation dad,” I snapped. “She would have supported me no matter what. Unlike you who denied having a daughter in front of Andrea. Do you know how much it hurt me when you said you didn’t have a child? God! You’re the worst!”

“I don’t have a daughter like you,” he said while heading to the direction of the window and looking outside to my yard. The words he said was like a slap in my face. I knew that he didn’t care for me, but to say it bluntly in my face simply hurts. What kind of parent would do that intentionally to his child?

Despite everything, I swallowed my pride and begged. I would do everything to keep Dulce. “Please dad. Breakup with Andrea,” I whispered. “I can’t live without Dulce.” My voice was shaky and I felt like crying, but I just curled my hand to the side and continued. “Please don’t take away the only thing that makes me happy.”