Starstruck Chapter 19. Good And Bad

Chapter 19. Good And Bad

“What exactly are we doing here?” I asked Tim while glaring at him pointedly. He placed a finger in front of his mouth and said, “Shhh! Quiet down or she might hear you.”

“How can she hear me when we’re in a crowded mall and she’s several feet away from us? Be realistic!” Despite my protest, I still said it in a low voice. Patty stared in our direction and Tim pushed my head down.

If you’re wondering about it, we were currently in the mall, trailing behind our best friend Patty. It was the day that she’d meet her mystery woman and Tim talked me into following her so we’d see what her email buddy looked like. He didn’t have to convince me much since I was curious as well.

Also, I didn’t like the idea of Patty meeting a total stranger in the mall alone. For all we know, the person could be a pedophile. So I just had to agree when Tim said to follow her. Call us nosy all you want but we wanted to protect our best friend. You can’t have the three musketeers without the third member.

Tim glanced at his watch. “Tsk! Patty’s mystery woman is late. We’ve been standing here forever. Maybe she won’t show up.” I rolled my eyes at him. “Dude we’ve only been here for 5 minutes. Chill okay?”

“Someone’s patient,” he said while elbowing me softly. Before I could elbow him back, we saw Patty check her phone for text messages and walked away. Tim and I scurried a few feet behind her. We took care to blend in the crowd so she wouldn’t notice us. If she did, we were dead.

Patty went inside a fancy shmancy resto. It was a good place to talk though, so I understood why her date wanted to meet her there instead. “What are we going to do?” I asked Tim.

“What else? We’re going to infiltrate the restaurant and blend in. Once Jane Doe arrives, we’re going to corner her and question her.”

“This is not CSI or Criminal Minds Tim,” I said impatiently. “This is real life and if Patty sees us we’re never going to hear the end of it. Remember in 6th grade when she refused to speak to us for eating her apple?”

Tim shuddered. “How can I forget? She liked those freaking apples. She’s an apple hoarder!” Tim hugged himself and pretended to go crazy. “Apple hoarder, apple hoarder,” he mumbled.

“Quit it,” I said and looked inside the resto. “There’s a free spot right next to Patty’s table. It’s covered by this big plant so we can sit there. I think she won’t notice us.” I stared at Tim. “What do you say?”

“If this is your twisted way of asking me out for a date, I’m so going to slap your face right now,” he said with a smirk. “I playfully swatted his arm. “You’re delusional Tim. I only go for girls. And in case you haven’t noticed, I’m very much taken. So no I’m not asking you out for a date.”

 “Just making that clear,” he said with a smile. “I don’t want you turning straight on me. Maybe my handsome face got to you.”

“No thank you. I like girl boobs not male boobs. That’s eeew.” I stared pointedly at his chest which he puffed up to annoy me. When we got in the resto, the maitre d’ approached us with a smile. “Sir, madame,” he greeted.

“We want to sit in that table,” Tim said while pointing to the area we talked about. Patty had her back to us and didn’t have the slightest clue that we were there. The maitre d’ ushered us to the place and handed us a menu once we were seated. We just ordered an appetizer and patiently waited for Patty’s date to arrive.