Starstruck Chapter 4. Complications

Chapter 4. Complications

A month has passed since the first day of school. I’ve been avoiding Denise and Glace like the plague. It was easy to hide from Denise since all I had to do was come to school earlier so I wouldn’t see her, but it was a nightmare when it came to Glace.

She was my seatmate and I found it hard to ignore her presence. Aside from the fact that my classmates often found ways to talk to her or mention her in every conversation, my two closest friends were crazy about her. Also, I hate to admit this but her scent bothered me a lot.

No she didn’t smell awful. On the contrary, her fragrance was divine. Remember how I told you that I loved coffee? Well her scent reminded me of that. She had this creamy aroma that I wanted to eat up. Sometimes I found myself drooling by the mere thought of it. Of course I’d never let anyone catch me like that, but you know it goes.

In the first month that I’ve been her seatmate, I noticed a lot of things about her like how she’d have this twinkle in her eye when she caught me staring at her. She also hummed a lot, especially when the class was boring. Sometimes she’d sing to herself and I’d be the only one who would hear it.

Based from the stories that I’ve heard about her, she was a good actress. She even got nominated for the Emmys, but I never knew that her voice was angelic. I guess it was a hidden talent of hers that she didn’t want to divulge to her fans.

Another thing I found cute about her was her nape. You know how girls would tie up their hair in a braid or ponytail and leave their nape bare? Yeah, I was pretty much crazy about that. Whenever she’d do that in class, I couldn’t help but ogle at her.

Sometimes I think that she knew I was looking and did it on purpose. She’d have this small smile on her face where the edge of her lips would pull up slightly in amusement. After several minutes of gaping at her, she’d finally turn to meet my eyes and give me a bright smile. It was like a secret message saying ‘I know that you’ve been looking’ and I’d quickly avert my eyes and pretend that nothing happened.

Sadly, the butterflies and the heart pounding were still there. Though I was trying hard to ignore her existence, my heart wouldn’t stop bothering me. It would still beat fast whenever I came to class and saw her sitting in the corner. My stomach still made this little flip when she’d come closer or talk to one my classmates.

I knew that I was being pathetic, but my hormones and teenage mind and body were so happy and filled with the thoughts of her. Maybe deep inside I was a fan of hers too and just couldn’t admit it. I desperately wanted to be friends with her or even talk to her for a while, yet when I think about the weird encounter in her house, my brain would reject the prospect.

We’d be friends, then what? I’d have to pose naked for her so she could ogle me at night inside her bedroom? I may be a lot of things but I don’t roll that way. I wasn’t comfortable with people seeing me in my birthday suit. Okay maybe when I’m ready to go all the way with someone I loved, but until then. . . Thanks but no thanks.

So those were the reasons why I Dulce Gavin made a promise to avoid Glace McKenzie or Frio to her fans from now until forever. I just hoped that things go my way. If not, then I’d have to find a hole to crawl into.

“Okay class, listen up,” the English teacher said. “I know that this is your senior year and there’s nothing more you’d love to do than relax and breeze past the whole subject, but things don’t always go that way.”

The whole class stared at Mrs. Banks in confusion, prompting the plump teacher to continue. “To make things a bit more interesting this year, Mr. Dawson your art teacher and I had a lengthy discussion.” She seemed to be enjoying herself.