Chapter Sixty

CHAPTER 60

Indian Ocean - 19:07 p.m

Steve and Natasha were standing side by side with their eyes glued to the monitor, being briefed on the mission by the head of team S.T.R.I.K.E that they had both worked several high profiled and classified missions together and about with over the last year and bit since being formed. Steve still remembered the first mission he worked with team S.T.R.I.K.E by himself in christmas 2012, not even Natasha knew about that mission.

"... target is a mobilized satellite launch platform," Agent Rumlow debriefed his team for this mission as he showed blueprints of the large ship on the screen in front of him. "The Marion Star. They did their last release when pirates took over ninety three minutes ago."

"Any demands?" Steve inquired.

"A billion and a half," Brock answered, glancing at Captain America

"Why so steep?" the Super Soldier requested.

"Because it's S.H.I.E.L.D," he revealed.

Instant shock registered across Steve's face. What? "So, it's not off course," he began, glancing towards Natasha. "It's trespassing."

"I'm sure they have a good reason," she answered deadpanned, glancing sidewards before turning her attention back to the screen.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor," he commented, annoyed.

"Relax, it's not that complicated," the red headed spy added.  

Steve turned his attention back to Agent Rumlow. "How many pirates?"

Brock was touching the screen, bringing up the necessary intel. "Twenty five," he answered. "Top Mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc. Ex DGSE, action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red notice. Before the french demobilized him, he had 36 kill missions. This guys got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?" Steve inquired, absorbing in his target's profile. 

Brock bought up the list and pictures of the hostages aboard. "Mostly techs ... one officer Jasper Sitwell - in the gully."

Steve dropped his eyes downwards. "What's sitwell doing on a launch ship?" he asked Natasha in a low voice. "Alright," he raised his eyes, speaking up loud. "I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc," he started ordering. "Nat, you kill the engine and secure the passengers and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep after and find the hostages - get them to the life pods and get them out," he finished, turning away from the team.

"S.T.R.I.K.E you heard the Cap," Brock announced. "Gear up."

Several minutes later Steve lifted his arm and spoke into his communicator. "Secure channel seven," he voiced, walking towards Natasha.

"Natasha smiled. "Seven secure," she responded as she checked over all her weapons. "You do anything fun Saturday night?" she asked, knowing that Maria had been in New York during that time while she had been flying back from Australia. And Steve was usually a lost puppy without his Commander. 

"Well," Steve voiced opposite her. "All the guys from my Barbershop quartet are dead," he quipped. "Soo ... no, not really."

'Coming up on the drop zone, Cap.' The pilot informed him over his earpiece.

Steve pressed a button and the cargo door opened.

"You know," Natasha voiced. "If you ask Kristin out from Statistics, she would probably say yes," she informed him casually. Her and Clint have given up trying to set him and Maria up since they were both too stubborn.