Chapter Seven

18:17p.m

Skye and Grant had been in the Command Centre all day. They were currently monitoring phone calls, emails and text messages along with video chats of Ian Quinns top ten associates.

The hours had seemed to fly by as the specialist watch his hacktivist do her thing. An hour after his idea, Skye had managed to pull up a list of Ian Quinn’s top communicators - people that he was constantly in contact with on a regular basis. He was careful about it though, sending his messages encrypted or having his phone calls bounce of several different towers and using a voice changer. But that didn’t stop Skye from gaining access to them.

Skye had then called Phil and Melinda to join them and explained what she was doing and what she needed them too. Phil had then gotten in contact with several different S.H.I.E.L.D officers that were located in said location of the people that Skye was monitoring via electronic communications and had agents sent to said people and had tracking planted bugs on them.

Around midday the biochemist and engineer had bought in lunch for their friends and stayed and helped for around forty minutes before returning back to their lab.

A couple times throughout the afternoon Grant had disappeared for a few minutes and returned with a snack and hot beverages for them. Skye really appreciated everything that he did and the fact that it had stayed with her all day - he didn’t have to since this was her field.

Now six more hours had flown by. Skye and Grant standing side by side, shoulders practically touching as they leaned against the electronic table with their arms folded and eyes fixed on the large screen that had ten little ones running.  

“We’ve been monitoring them all day and nothing from Quinn yet,” Grant voiced, turning his eyes onto his Rookie who looked exhausted. “We need a break. You definitely need a break. Their is a S.H.I.E.L.D tech team monitoring all this from headquarters. They will let you know if he makes contact,” Grant supplied, placing a hand on her shoulder and giving it a squeeze.

Skye was feeling a little worn out. It had been a couple of hours since Grant had bought them in a snack and pick-me-up. She knew that dinner was close to being finished because she could smell it from where she stood.  

“Just a little bit longer,” she voiced, turning her orbs onto his concerned filled ones. “You don’t have to stay,” she told him, softly.

Grant squeezed her shoulder again. “I’m not going anywhere,” he answered, stubbornly.

A smile splashed across Skye’s lips at his words.

Ten minutes later

Skye craned her neck from side to side, trying to get the crick out of it.  

“What’s wrong?” Grant asked, growing concerned.

Skye started stretching her arms behind her back as she bent backwards, then from side to side. “Just getting a little cramped,” she admitted as she continued to stretch.  

Grant turned to face her. “Turn around,” he instructed, getting a curious look from his Rookie. “Please?”

Skye did as asked and turned so her back was facing him. A moment later she felt his hand push her hair aside and then she felt his hands beginning to massage her shoulder. “You don’t have to … ooohh … that feels so good,” she moaned, closing her eyes and just enjoyed his magic hands.

A slow smile spread across Grant’s lips as he heard his Rookie moan beneath his hands.

A moment later the song changed on her IPod Dock that had been turned down low and ‘All of Me’ began pouring from it.