Chapter 80

"Hey Fitz," Grant greeted as he walked towards the storage room with the box of supplies Jemma had given him. "Where do you want these?"

Leo spun around from the shelves that he had been stacking. "Ward?" he acknowledged, surprised. "Uh, what are you doing here? I mean, I thought you left with Skye and May."

Grant stopped a few feet from his friend. "I did, but we ran into Simmons and she asked me to bring you this since she had to grab a few more things and I would save her a trip," he supplied off hand.

Leo couldn't believe it. He knew exactly what Jemma was currently doing. She just couldn't leave it alone. "Bloody hell, Jem," he muttered under his breath.

Grant arched an eyebrow, studying his friend. "Is everything okay?" he asked, concern lacing his tone. "You and Simmons okay?"

Leo averted his gaze, knowing that he wouldn't be able to lie directly to his friend's face. "Uh, yeah ... she most likely did something I asked her not to do," he answered a little annoyed. He knew that he would have to have a serious talk with his girlfriend when she got back.

Grant had no idea what that meant and was just even more confused. "Anything Skye or I can help with?"

Leo kept his gaze averted, shaking his head.

"Leo?"

The engineer's head snapped up and his eyes locked on the older dark haired man with surprise. They rarely ever used first names. "Jemma suspects that Skye is pregnant," he revealed with a heavy sigh.

Grant instantly froze, holding tightly to the box of supplies so he didn't drop it. Had he heard right? "W-what?" he asked, wide eyed. "Skye's not - we're not ... why would she think that?" he stammered as heart began to pound against his ribcage.

Leo rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, she hasn't been feeling well the last few days. Plus she was sick this morning and turned her nose up at coffee. Skye loves coffee. Not to mention how she just snapped at Coulson this morning when he asked if she was feeling okay. Also, you two have been going at it like rabbits ever since getting together. I am just saying that I wouldn't be shocked if you were expecting."

Grant processed his friend's words. He knew that did look a bit suspicious, but it wasn't Skye fault she was feeling that way. She was an empath and covering for her mo ... Oh crap! Was May pregnant? "I have to go find Skye," he voiced, montone, putting the box down by his feet.

"Uh, before you go, there is one more thing," the scotchman supplied.

Grant fixed his attention on the younger man and gave a nod of the head.

"Agent Garrett may have overheard Jemma and I discussing it this morning," he reveal in one long breath.

Grant felt his heart stop for a second. It felt like someone had there hands clenched around his heart and were squeezing it. The male Specialist schooled his features in front of the scientist. Grant knew that he couldn't let on with how bad this was. John thought that they're expecting? That wasn't good! He had to warn Skye ASAP!! Grant knew that if John saw Skye and their 'unborn child' as a threat, he would eliminate them!

Grant turned and quickly left the storage area of the bus.

Back inside the HUB, Jemma had just exited the small storage room that her and Skye had just had a life changing conversation in. She still couldn't believe that her best friend and surrogate younger sister was pregnant, even though they still had to confirm it before she could celebrate being an aunt.

"Where's Skye?" Melinda asked, concern lacing her tone.

Jemma worried on her lower lip as she approached the feared female Specialist.