Chapter 86

I am so sorry for making you guys wait 3 months without an update. I've been updating my two other fics but had trouble with this one for awhile. So much has happened over the last almost four month in my personal life and I've been distracted. For that I am sorry. This is the final chapter of this fic. The sequel is till coming, but I don't want to promise a launch date because I suck with deadlines under pressure. I just hope that you'll tag along for the ride ahead of us and enjoy this chapter. I have loved hearing your support and question for this fic over the last two years. Two years, how insane is that. We've been on this journey together for the last two years. You guys have been awesome. Thank you.

Also I posted my Clintasha side fic 'Our Own Little Ohana' ... check it out if you want to.

Playground - Classified Location (North America)

It was just creeping past five in the afternoon when Maria had landed her Quinjet at the underground CLASSIFIED base known as the Playground. She was only here for a few days before she had to head back to DC and deal with Congress yet again. They were currently being pains in her ass, but she had dealt with worse in the past. Maria knew that as the new Director of S.H.I.E.L.D she would be tested from time to time and constantly have to prove herself, but that was a challenge that she willing to prove over and over again.

Maria began making her way down the back ramp of the Quinjet, her eyes landing on the short male agent in his early forties, smiling at her. She knew he was one of three identical triplets or Nick Fury's minions and she often thought of them. They watched over three of Nick's major hidden classified bases that not even the old S.H.I.E.L.D knew about. Maria didn't even know about said bases until a couple of years ago when Nick revealed them to her. They were his incase-all-hell-broke-loose backup plans. They now belonged to her.

"Director Hill," he greeted respectively "It's nice to finally meet you and welcome to our humble base, usually anyone that arrives has to go through a thorough screening and than be issued a lanyard if they pass - but since this is your base and you're my new boss," he voiced making hand gestured around him. "You automatically pass."

Maria kept her expression blank, her eyes fixed on the little man. She found him intriguing, him and his twin brothers.

"Director," a familiar male voice came from several metres dead ahead towards the left causing the brunette to shift her gaze from Agent Koenig and onto her long time friend. "Deputy Director Coulson," she greeted back as a smile twitched her lips. "Where's Agent May?"

Maria acknowledged the lanyard and ID badge hanging around Phil's neck.

Phil expressed faux hurt. "I'm not good enough to greet the fine Director?" he joked which caused an eyeroll from said Director. He chuckled. "Resting," he supplied with a beaming smiling as he stopped beside Billy. "I still cannot believe that I'm gonna be a dad again."

Maria smiled back at her friend. She was happy for friends. Maria took a step forward and pulled the older agent into a hug. "Congratulations Phil ... you two deserve this," she told him before releasing him.

Phil stepped back.

"So Deputy Director Coulson," she addressed with authority. "Progress Status?"

Phil straightened, turning from lifelong friend into dedicated agent in seconds. "I have up to date progress reports for around the world with S.H.I.E.L.D's current status ... Agent Hand has been giving me hourly updates from the HUB and progress reports with the agents based their that are currently going through the chair. Agent Bridges-Richards is doing the same at the Hut with the help of Agent Bridges and Steele."