Chapter Nineteen

Friday - The Bus

Skye’s Bunk - 05:03 am

Skye felt content. She felt really happy and she knew the main reason for her current happiness was lying naked beside her. His arms wrapped around her waist and a slumber expression splashed across his beautiful chiselled face. Skye couldn’t hide the smile from her lips as she watched her sleeping S.O. Skye had been awake for a little over twenty minutes now, her natural alarm clock waking her up for morning Tai-Chi. Even though Melinda still wasn’t awake or even on this plane to do it with.

Skye had been avoiding doing it without her, but knew that that had to stop, this morning she would get back into her routine. Even though Skye didn’t really want to leave her S.O’s arms. She let out a heavy sigh before slowly moving out of his arms and replaced her body with a pillow that Grant instantly cuddled. Skye smirked. He was such a cuddler. Skye climbed out of her bed. She then walked to her dresser and grabbed her workout clothes then quickly changed as quietly as possible, not wanting to wake her S.O.

She pulled her hair back into a ponytail as she padded barefoot along the carpeted ground and unlocked her door. Skye then exited her room and headed for the open bar/seating area.

Skye was several minutes into her Tai-Chi when she sensed a familiar presents watching her. She ignored it for the moment and just concentrated on her breathing and listened to the soothing music that was coming from the small portable USB speaker that was sitting on the bar surface since her Ipod dock was still at the hospital. Skye actually felt closer to the older female agents at this moment even though they were apart.

Skye continued doing her Tai-Chi for a few more minutes in silence before she finally spoke up. “Are you just gonna stand there and watch me for the next thirty minutes?”

Grant was astounded. How did she know he was there? Empath, right. “I was thinking about it,” he answered as a smile slipped across his lips. He could watch her doing anything and be mesmerised.

Skye continued to do her tai-chi. “If you’re gonna watch me, you miles as well join.” She supplied in a sedated tone. Skye expected him to leave, but to her surprise a moment later he stood beside her. He was still in his sleepwear which contained of a grey t shirt and dark blue chequered pyjama bottoms and barefooted.

“Show me how then?” he asked her, sincerity lacing his tone.

Skye was temporarily stunned at her S.O’s response. “Um, copy me,” slipped from her lips. She was surprised that he wanted to learn something from her. She was teaching him something.

Grant nodded his head and studied his S.O’s move for a minutes before he joined in.

Classified S.H.I.E.L.D Medical Facility

Room 108 - o9:19 am

Doctor Gabriella Vasquez removed the splint from her patient's leg and pulled the leg of her sweat pants back down, covering the wound. “Now Natasha, you still cannot put any pressure on this leg for at least a few weeks just because I am removing the splint,” she informed the redheaded russian. “Repeat after me - I will not walk on my leg.”

Natasha rolled her eyes at the hispanic female doctor around her age. Clint chuckled beside her which earned him a whack in the stomach. It wasn’t soft, either.

A smirked tugged at Gabriella’s. She couldn’t help but notice how close the two agents seemed, but knew that they were long time friends. She had even caught them asleep together a couple of times late at night when she had come to check on her patient. But Gabriella knew better than to say anything. “I’m serious, Natasha. You may be getting released today, but you still need to take it easy for the next several weeks otherwise you'll just cause more damage and it will take even longer to heal.”