•Again?•

I sit across the lounging chair as I take in the scenic room. The pyramids were being built and a statue erected of Titus was nearing completion. My hands wouldn't still as they vibrated across my lap with fear.

What would happen to me?
Surely Titus wasn't too mad at my opposition.

He finally entered his room and closed the door behind him. I stand to face him as he stared me down.

"My king I am had to—-"

"Do not speak" he snapped as he removed his headpiece and robes. His torso was exposed as I looked up to face him.

"You will not learn if I whip you 5000 times.
Or if I flog you in public?
Why must you go against me?"

"I did not mean to Titus. I gave all praise to you. The people see you as the hero not I" I explained.

He rolled his eyes and ran a palm through his hair to ruffle the curls. I say no words as I stared at his godlike physique. Despite his sharp demeanor, he was deathly to the eyes.

"You are still upset about the drink? And the baby?" he asked, going to the bathroom to see if his bath was ready, "is that why you did what you did?" He asked for clarity.

My eyes fell to the floor as I heard his truth. "This trial hit a little close to home Titus." I throw his reasoning back in his face.

He knew I wished for a child...but after seeing all that had occurred, did I really want a child or was it because of the suggestion by his mother?

He came to face me and pulled me into his arms, "You did magnificent I cannot lie." he whispers against my cheek. I observed his lips as he admitted his truth, trying to suppress the smile on his face. "Those wisemen couldn't even criticize your wisdom." He bragged, running a finger through my hair.

"We're you really going to slice the baby?" he asked, cursing himself for not thinking of the idea. I smiled and shook my head no, "never. It was just an empty threat. I am thankful it worked." I beamed.

He nodded and pushed his lips against mine, taking pride in his choice for Queen.

So he was not mad?

Titus

"Being in control is such a powerful" she bragged through a grin, the creases of her lips upturned.

"But you still defied me and for that you must be punished" I broke from her and went to slip off my shoes. She still disobeyed me and for that she must be punished.

"What?" She fumed

"You do not understand what it means to be wife to a pharaoh. You must be seen and not heard. I have been treating you too kind."

"That is all you got from this Titus? All this time you've been commanding me to do this and drink that? Here you are claiming my praise then you go and push me away!" she yelled.

"Nakini, do not raise your voice to me"I warned.

"You keep pushing me away! There is only so much my ego can take!!" she hits my chest with defeat.

I grabbed her chin and force her to look into my eyes, "remember whom you speak to dear wife" I snap.

"Wife? Oh? Now you claim me as your wife? Even though you treat me like a prisoner! I am nothing but a prisoner! A slave to satisfy your ancient sexual desires!"

"You dare talk to me like that? Who gave you this confidence son rich?"

"You did" she smiled and sat. "You have given me a light so rich, it cannot fade and it will shine bright."