Ramases Plan

Titus

She observed me curiously as I stepped into the  dinner room. She pulled her long braids to the side and leaned foward to plate her food of meat and bread. Even as she ate, I couldn't ignore her beauty. Every time I glanced upon her I was weak.

"What did he want?" she pouted as I placed Eba into her lap.

"Nothing...Something about a trade deal in a neighboring kingdom." I muttered, kissing her forehead gently.

"If that was all, why did he insist I leave?" she fumed. I sat down and pulled a plate to scoop my breakfast.

"You know Habakkut. He knows you get tired with trivial matters such as deals and treaties" I lied.

"He hates me. I know he does" she pouted , crossing her arms above her chest.

"He doesn't Nakini" I lied, "he just...takes a while to warm up to an outsider" I tried to explain. She scoffed and pulled another grape from the bundle.

Eba swirled across the table taking in the sights and smells of the food. I had to pretend as if I wasn't informed about her visit to the jail. I would punish him in due time. Maybe tonight I would pay her special friend a visit.

Ramasses entered into our private mealtime and sat at the side of the table. She pouted and climbed into my lap, kissing me violently, praying our passionate contact would lure him away. Little did she know of Ramases overbearing nature; things like this would  never deter him.

He took relish in them.

She rolled her eyes once she saw he wouldn't budge and climbed off. "What do you want?" she cursed. I knew she was not very fond of him.

"Can't I see how my brother and his wife are doing?" he smiled warmly.

"We are doing fine! good bye!" she dismissed him.

"Ramases...we wanted a more private meal" I hinted to his blind intrusion. He pulled himself a plate and continued to eat freely.

"So I assume your night was filled with a lot of loving. We all couldn't help but hear your screams Nakini" he hinted, his vulgar thoughts had finally surfaced.

She only blushed and leaned foward to grab her snake, prepping herself for her soon departure.

"I suppose that is none of your concern brother." I answered, trying to excuse his rudeness.

"I hear virgins are the worst. They never know what they're doing." he sighed with annoyance, "I could only put half my tip into a virgin and she stared screaming for caution." he bragged while taking a bite of another pastry.

She chuckled lazily and rolled her eyes. "My my, aren't you the vulgar type. At breakfast too?" she smirked, letting Eba run free around her neck.

He cut into his food and ate, taking in all the awkwardness, staring at her with desire.

"My king, I am leaving. I have things to do that don't involve him" She stood and bent to kiss my lips. I grabbed her jaw before she could leave and planted another deep kiss before she departed .

"Here. He will protect you" she announced and laid Eba across my neck for protection, turning again to glare at Ramases. "I would say it was a delight prince but I would only be lying" she smiled and strutted out the room.

——

Ramses

"Wow! You are sprung!" I scoffed, pulling another leg of a pig and placing it in my plate.

"Nakini has taken a hold of my heart in ways I never thought possible" he admitted. I rolled my eyes as I saw the love bites that stained his neck and chest.

"Pathetic" I murmured. He barely made a dent in his plate, only pushing the food around the plate. I observed him closer but his eyes shifted away. "What are you thinking brother? What is on you mind?"

"Just...the invasion on her people."

"It will be a thrilling success thanks to you and your plans" I announced joyfully.

"But what if we didn't go through with it?" he suggested. We sat in silence as I chewed my food silently.

"What a tease you are Titus! When I asked what happened to the old Titus I didn't mean this." I laughed carelessly.

"It is not a joke brother" he sighed and looked to me with seriousness.

"Titus... you cannot be serious! You have been working on this invasion for years! You cannot back down!" I seethed.

"I have been thinking on my own accord. My conscience won't allow me to go through with it"

"You have already sent a fleet of men. Our resources have almost dwindled preparing for this war." I persuade him again before he could change his mind.

"But—"

"But nothing!" I fumed. Was he really letting her persuade his plans? All for a insignificant girl.

"Where is Habakkut" I asked, he would back me up on this. He wasn't very fond of her.

"He went to the jail cell to take care of some things...." he admitted cautiously.

"She went to the jail behind your back you know!"

"I am aware of what she did." He stands with anger,
getting annoyed at my confidence, "and I don't need you to tell me that" he adapt.

"Is this the girl you fell for?
One who challenges your authority?
Who disobeys you?
One who hides things behind your back? She is still not truthful to you and you think of halting the invasion for her!" I yelled.

He sighed and fell back into his seat, running his hands through his curls. "She knows of the plans Ramases" he admitted.

"How did she find out?"

"It doesn't matter. She was the one who asked me to stop the invasion. I didn't stop it on my own jurisdiction"

"So because she simply asked, you stopped it" I couldn't believe the words coming from his mouth.

"I made a promise to her and her people Ramases" he spoke.

I smiled to myself but thought it best not to let him know that she knew all this time; how she revealed her plans to me on how she would pressure him to call it off with her charms.

"My king! You can be serious!!"

"It has been pulling at my heart. Maybe another kingdom.... maybe another empire... but not Zothando. I can't attack her people."

"Some things are better left unsaid despite your promise. We can still go through with the invasion." I suggested. He leaned forward and folded his hands over his forehead.

"If you let their kingdom thrive, they will become powerful! even more powerful than ours!"

"Don't you think I know that Ramses!" He sighed, throwing a plate against the table. "It was my greatest fear. Father was wiser than I but he was ignorant to let them thrive in peace"

"I do not mind getting blood on my hands. Let me be in charge. She will never know that it came form you and if she finds out pretend to play dumb. I will be responsible."

"Ramées that is worse. Like a fool running away from his responsibility" he said and shook his head no.

"It will be between us Titus and Habakkut of course. He can finalize the—"

"ENOUGH!" He stood and challenged my talk back, "The invasion is OFF and that is final!" he stepped to me, pulling me up from my seat. "Go angainst my word and I'll have your head. Do you understand brother?" He whispered into my ear.

"Yes your majesty" I fumed but kiss both his cheeks before leaving. He was a fool to let her get in the way of the invasion.

Little did he know of the plan I concocted.

It would be far worse than his silly invasion. Nakini and her people had a bigger storm coming.

Little did they know.