Death

The Next morning

The princess walked out the sacred quarter, smiling and conversing with my mother and her court.

As they turned the corner,  I pull her into my arms and slam her into a corner against the pillar

"Helffffmmm" her muffled screams carried no sound as I covered her mouth with my palm.

"Nakini ?" my mother called for her, noticing her disappearance.

"Tell her you will join her shortly and want to look at the palace alone" I whispered, gently squeezing her neck to threaten her.

"No" she whispered. I pull out my dagger and hold it up to show her.

"You think I am scared of that small bread knife? I've seen dogs with sharper blades" She scoffed.

"I knew this wouldn't phase you." I smirked and held the weapon against my neck.

"Stop it" she snapped, trying to break free but I only held her waist tighter.

"You are in my land and within my reach; if one scratch comes upon me it will be betrayal on your end. My guards will come and jail you for trying to harm the prince of Alexandria"

She fumed as she observed my hand, contemplating whether she would adhere to my commands. I peeked around the corner as my mother's footsteps came near.

I start to press the dagger deeper into my neck until she agreed! "Alright!! Alright!" She cursed.

"Nakini !!!" my mother's voice was filled with worry.

"Mother Queen! I am going this way to tour the palace! Please I will join you later for breakfast" she yelled from behind the corner.

"Are you sure? I can show you myself—"

"No! Don't come!.... I mean I value my time alone and I know I have been following you like a lost doe. Enjoy your time alone. Thank you your majesty!" she announced.

"Alright Nakini " she sighed and followed the rest of her court. I made sure to watch her turn the corner before I put the dagger away.

"Ouch! You are hearting me!" she groaned as I tightened my grip around her shoulders.

"Are you mentally ill?" I yelled.

"Should a man who has taken the princess of another land as hostage be asking this question?" she smoothed her wrinkled shirt.

"Future Queen consort and you didn't say anything?"

"I may have failed to disclose that small detail" she pouted sarcastically.

"What did you tell my mother to explain your unexpected presence?" I grabbed her arm with force.

"I am not a slave nor one of your concubines. I suggest you unhand me prince" she whispered softly as she glared at my hand around her arm. I slowly let go and pace the hallways. This situation was far worse than I had imagined. Our kingdom would go to war before my chance at an invasion. She would mess everything up.