Sable

Nakini

"WHAT!" I yelled, violently choking on my drink. My parents gasped as they heard his words.

"Perhaps we have not heard you right your majesty?" my father questioned, urging the prince to repeat himself.

"I desire Nakini to be my queen." he sighed, sipping another swig of his wine. I looked at my parents waiting for their shouts of protest but they remained idle in their seats.

"I object!!" I stood to challenge the pharaoh.

"Nakini! He is the pharaoh which means he is higher in rank! Sit down!" my mother demanded.

"And I am a princess! I have as much say as he!" I fume, grabbing the soft ends of the tablecloth. How dare he turn my narrative into one that benefited him!

"I would advise you to listen to your parents little princess" he gloated, scratching his chin with purpose.

"Mother! Father! he is a liar!" I cried into my parents sleeves. They rolled their eyes and pushed me off; even they grew tired of my theatrics.

I turned to the prince and glared. "I do not know what sick game you are trying to play but I am not marrying you! You will never have me as your wife!" I objected, wrinkling my nose with disgust.

"Nakini! Sit down!" my mother curses beneath her breath. Reluctantly, I obeyed and glared at Titus. I took in his features for the first time since I was taken. He was a handsome fellow, I hated to admit; from the depth of his eyes to the harsh expressions of his brows.

His dark brown hair tousled against the cool breeze from the open windows.

His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite

His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite. His piecing eyes were as mesmerizing a deep ocean of blue, flecks of silvery light performed ballets throughout.

My eyes lapped to take in his physique; an abundant show of health dressed his arms and chest

My eyes lapped to take in his physique; an abundant show of health dressed his arms and chest. I couldn't help but blush as I observed his sculpted body. There was no mistake of his manliness.