Fight

Nakini

I had to get out of this prison wasteland, but not before I searched for my friend.

How did Itai wind up in Alexandria as a prisoner?
Maybe if I found him, we could run away together and start a new life.

The guards left me in my quarters, tied between two pillars; a position far too familiar to me. Zeporath came into my quarters and ran to my side. "Your majesty!!" she yelled, clutching my face.

"Zeporath please... unite me."

"Your majesty... I cannot" she frowned.

"Please" I begged her though tears, "I will be back before he even finds out" I assured her.

"I will be stoned to death for defying the king"

"I will make sure no harm comes your way. I need to see my friend" I begged her with tears in my eyes.

She stood rigid in her spot as she contemplated her decision.

"I Promise" I reassured her again, pleading for complacency. She nodded and relecctanlty untitled my restraints.

"Quick fetch me a scarf to cover my face"
She ran to a basket filled with cloths and snatched a black headscarf from the bundle. Quickly, she tied it around my head to cover my face and mouth.

"I owe you more than my life can spare Zeporath" I spoke, hugging her a final time before running off into the desert to find my friend.

——

I traveled to the outskirts of the empire, into a small village past the banks of the Nile. People of every race and creed walked about as they smiled and laughed, joyous from the events of the festival.

My eyes weaved through the people as I tried to find Itai but he was no where to be seen. An older woman stared at me as I roamed about the village.

"Who are you looking for" she frowned.

"Where is the one they call Itai" I asked her, trying to be discreet about my importance.

She squinted her eyes suspiciously, wondering what relation I shared with him.

She stepped toward me and kissed my feet. "Your majesty" she exclaimed with disbelief.

"Rise!!" I pulled her up quickly so my cover would not be blown.

"You have spared my son today from his death. I must show you my gratitude" she cried joyfully.

"Thank you wise woman but please do not blow my cover. Show me your praise by telling me where I can find him"

"He is past the village fountain. He lives within a house where men from all nations convene. Go past the fountain and turn left at the village square" she directed me. I thank her once more and run off into the night to find him.

——

I hear the drunk laughter of men and women as I pull up to the small hut. The old woman said this is where he should be.

Reluctantly, I pushed the curtains to side and see a group of men in deep conversation at a table. Wine and stale bread rested at its center.

Timidly, I searched the room until I spot him in the corner. His eyes looked saddened as he stared out the small window.

"Itai?" I whispered from the door. His green eyes landed on me with doubt.

He ran to pick me and spun me around. "Nakini!" he smiled and pulled my lips to kiss me. We hold each other in love, crying at our sudden reunion.

"How did you escape?" he asked, placing me down and kissing my cheek.

"My handmaiden. She is more devoted to me than he" I smiled weakly.

" Come" he held my palm and led me outside, away from the wondering eyes.

We walked along the length of the Nile as we stared up to the white stars in the night sky.

"I thought I would never see you" he smiled as he caressed my cheek, holding onto me as if I was a mirage that could disappear at any time.

I rested my face across his palm as he held me in love. "How can I ever repay you" he frowned, "you must be in trouble because of me"

"Your presence is enough repayment" I smiled. We continued to kiss again as we swayed against the breeze of the waters. I part and he presses his head against mine, placing his lips across every part of my face.

We continued to walk until we found a spot to rest in the soft sand of the river banks.

"So I have heard you are the queen of this land?" he teases me.

"I was forced Itai. He took me as a prisoner from my land then he turned the tables on me." I curse Titus's trickery. He nodded and leaned back to inspect the sky. "But that doesn't matter. Now that you are free....you can take me from here" I suggested.

"Nakini" he sighed.

"We can escape and live a life together of freedom!!"

"Nakini! ENOUGH!" he yelled holding my neck for attention.

I am taken aback by his actions but listen to his words.

"You are his property, just as I was before you freed me. I can never go against him. He wil spare you but kill me"

"Where is the brave man I once knew? The free spirited traveler who had no bounds in life? The man man I loved?"

"Gone are those days... you are a queen now... it is different" he spoke, dismissing our memories.

"Am I not the same Itai?" I begin to cry. "Has my love not been apparent for you?"

"Nakini you are a queen" he muttered.

"I am not! Stop saying that!" I grabbed his wrist. "Look at me and tell me what we had was meaningless" I whispered, sadness brewing in my mind.

He pulled my body on top of his and looked into my eyes. His soft hands shifted through my hair.

"I would never" he smirked and we crash into each other once more. His lips were imprinted in my mind once again; A familiar taste brewed my senses. I was taken away to bliss, to happiness; my peace was in his arms.

He began to untie my silk top as we continued in lust. I would give myself to him today; to show my true devotion. Just before he exposed my back, a rough arm pulled me to separate us.

"Ouch!!" I slammed onto the sand and looked to inspect what the source of interruption was.

"stop! stop" I screamed as I saw Titus and Itai fighting to the death. They continued to spar, ignoring my pleads for peace.

"Titus!!! Stop!!" I yelled and pulled his arm to stop. He pushed me away and continued to duel. Finally the guards came and quickly separated them.

Itai's body showed signs of struggle as so did Titus's. Each man had made contact with each other proving it was more than a fair fight.

"Take him to the prisons!" Titus frowned, spitting a dot of blood onto the sand. His lip was bruised from their battle.

"Noooo!!!" I ran to hug him; trying to prevent his departure.

"Nakini... it is not worth it" he muttered, pressing his head against mine, "listen to him before he kills you" Itai cautioned.

"Itai...no" I began to cry, holding his chin.

"Take the queen to the spare room; my wife has been a little too rebellious today. She must learn what happenes when one goes against the god of egypt." he snapped and mounted his horse to return to the palace.

"No! No! let me goo" I try wiggle free but they carry me away to face my punishment.

——
Author Note:

What do you think her punishment is gonna be :(