Gift

Titus

A day and half passed before we finally arrive at Alexandria. She was quiet the whole trip, which was no inconvenience to me. She was most likely thinking of a plan to escape.

We arrived to the gates of Alexandria in the dead of night. I mounted off my horse, tired from the tedious journey, and signaled for my servants. "House her with the concubine and prepare her for the banquet tomorrow night. Let no one see her until then."

"Yes your majesty" the servants bowed and grabbed her arms to take her to the rooms.

"How dare you! Concubine?" she roared and attempted to break free but I signaled my guards to bind her mouth shut. My most trusted guardsmen came behind me and sighed as we watched her go.

"And what do you have to say about this Habakkut?" I query, he was never one to speak his mind unless you asked.

"Who says I have something to say?" he chuckled.

"I have known you longer than I've even known myself my friend." I turn to face him.

"Your majesty...it is just...what will happen when your mother and father find out we have taken a prisoner from the land of Zothando? They are our only allies" Habakkuk chimed.

"For now" I smirked, taking the saddle from my steed.

"Sire?"

"Dont play coy Habakkut. You know as well as I that there can only be one strong empire and  the kingdom of Zothando has held that title for far too long. But no worries; they will soon be humbled. I have been planning an invasion on their people for months."

"My prince? But the peace conference? It was a success. You would dare invade a kingdom that has shown us such grace?"

"I only attended to maintain a facade. My father's views always did clash with mine. When I become Phaorah, their kingdom will crumble under my leige."

Habakkut hummed carefully as we walked to the royal quarters. "You have a long way to go before either you or Ramses becomes king. And we still have not discussed how you will keep this prisoner from Pharaoh." Habakkut takes the saddle from my arms.

"You worry too much my friend. She is a nobody. Probably a slave or an orphan! No one would even search the slums of their kingdom for her. And my parents are not to find out about this? Do you understand Habakkut?" I hinted.

"Yes sire." he bowed and left me to rest in my room.

—-

Belly dancers and snake charmers lined the aisles of the banquet halls as the festive night continued. Important dignitaries and princes from across the land had flocked to our empire to join in the festivities.

The pharaoh held up his hands for silence. "I thank you all for joining us in the bountiful kingdom of Alexandria. The time to celebrate the progress and dignity of both my sons has come! A toast to Ramases and Titus. May the gods favor you both when I am gone"

"Here here" the people drank to the cheer.

"Father, if I may" I stood and took his place on the stage. "To all who came, we praise you. And to Ramses, for putting up with a pain like me, I have a special gift for you!" I announced. "A peace offering to show you gratitude for being the oldest and always being blamed for the outcome of my antics." I smiled.

Ramases chuckled and drank his wine as I teased him. I signaled for the servants to bring out a brown tent.

"Ohhh!!! Ahh!" the crowds screamed and clapped, curious to see what lied beyond the sheets.

"A fine gift for a fine prince!" I snapped and instantly the walls of the box were stripped away. The people gasped as they saw the sight.

I had never seen the girl without her veil but my mouth flew agape as my eyes fell onto her. Her rich ebony skin glistened in the firelight of the room. The servants had dressed her in a revealing blue top with the bottoms to match.  A golden arm band cuffed against her forearm glimmered in the light,  indicating she now belonged to royalty.

Every curve and dip on her lean body was on display

Every curve and dip on her lean body was on display. Thick black curls fell delicately against her golden brown skin. Her thin wrists were bound by ropes.

"Titus! For me!" Ramases smirked with greed. I knew he was smitten, "Brother! You shouldn't have!" he skipped to inspect her closer.

"Maybe I shouldn't have" I grumbled and cursed myself for not keeping her for myself. He bent to observe her legs and grabbed her chin to caress her smooth skin.

"And what is your name" he stroked her plump lips. He was only greeted with her bite.

"Ouch!" he snapped his fingers away, "She bit me!" he groaned. "She's a Savage!" He jeered, dissapointed that his gift had turned to be a bust.

"Tame her Ramases! Are you not a man!" I scoffed at his excuses; she would be no challenge to me if she were mine.

"Well....since I'm so nice of a brother. I will return the gift to you! Why don't you have her" he pushed her ropes into my hand.

"No.. that's quite alright" I fumed. I could tell she was worth more trouble than I could spare. Ramases and I threw the ropes to each other as the people laughed. Finally, my brother wound the ends around my wrist and pulled the slack so she could fall into my arms.

"Rameses! untie me!" I fumed as he sprinted away. The crowds of people only laughed at our boyish play.

"Let go of me you monster!" she yelled, grabbing the ropes to get away.

"Be still!" I commanded her but of course she ignored. The rough surface of the rope marked my skin as she yanked each end.

"Are you going to let her talk to you like that?" Rameses yelled, riling up the crowd. He was using my own words against me. I see a small pond in the middle of the hall and smile mischievously. She continued to tug away, insisting I let her go.

I quickly loosened the ropes from my wrists and smiled as she inched closer and closer to the waters. "LET GO!" she pulled, digging her feet into the ground for strength.

"As you wish!" I smiled and gently released her. She lost her balance and —

SPLASH!

The crowds cheered and laughed as she squirmed to stand.

"Guards clean her off and take her to my room!" I snapped and bent to retrieve another glass of wine. I would show her what the consequences were when one made a fool out of a prince of Alexandria.

——-

Author Note:

1) their mom was not at the banquet! This is important (you will see in the next chapter after next)

2)Reread the beginning when Titus talks about his plan for Zothando! That is important to!

Again I love prince of Egypt so this scene was basically the one from the movie! Yass I'm giving credit! Click the link to watch!