Prisoner

Ummm...PSA

PSA

——

"You did so good Eba!" I scratch my snake's belly to help him digest his meal. I had awarded him an extra juicy mouse for his bravery. As he rested in my lap, I look to the outskirts of the city. I knew Itai was waiting for me and hoped my mother's lecture wouldn't drag on. I was no longer scared of my her, I only feared what she would do with my freedom.

"From where do you possess this rebellious spirit?" she slammed open the doors to my room, " Ruining the peace conference! Tasking the princes with unfeasible quests? Arriving late to your own banquet?" she yelled.

"Maybe if you would have not forced me to go!"

"Silence! Do not forget you are speaking to the queen!" she yelled. I crossed my arms and looked away.

"You are to not go beyond these palace walls. You are grounded"

"But mother!!"

"A gazelle at the fall banquet then a hive of bees at the one before that! And now a snake! The worst omen of them all! You have embarrassed me for the last time Nakini!"

"It was a silly joke to lighten up the mood mother" I sigh, bending to return Eba to his cage.

"Well your sense of humor must have worked! Despite all this, the prince of Thebes still desires for your hand in marriage"

"He will never have it" I snapped.

"It has already been decided. You will be marrying him in two weeks time. We will be discussing the arrangements once he returns with his family in a week"

"But I refuse! I don't want to marry him!" I shout.

"You don't seem to have a choice, now do you daughter? You know our laws" she smiled and turned to leave, not caring for my feelings.

"Mother please! Reconsider this" I pleaded and run after her but she snaps for the guards to lock me in.

I ran to the mirror to stare at my reflection,pushing off my black veil and golden headpiece.

I was not ready to be a bride!

I knew I needed to run away or flee from the kingdom. I would go tomorrow morning and tell Itai of my plan. Maybe he would come along and we could finally be one?

——

Titus

My men and I arrived in Zathando in the early hours of the morning. Beautiful landscapes of forests and waterfalls greeted my eyes; I would be lying if I said the kingdom's beauty did not rival ours.  How I wished to spend more time in this glorious kingdom but Patrah had delayed my arrival with her persistent nature. We had arrived at the conclusion of the banquet, but early enough for the peace conference which was a glorious success.