•Blindness•

Titus

"Titus" Nakini stirred awake as she felt me stand to leave.

"Go back to sleep my love. I have something to do." I explained and kiss her cheek to pacify her worry. She smiled as she felt my warmth and quickly fell asleep again. It was the dead of night when I woke to leave. I still had plans to visit the jail so it was off to the dungeons I ventured.

I should have punished her for going behind my back but I knew some things were best left alone. Her friend had been kept in my jail for close to five months; starving and desperate was he too see the light.

The guards bowed at my feet and escorted me deeper into the dungeons. I stopped in front of a dampened cell in the center of the room and scoffed. His head slowly lifted as he saw me but he turned his nose away with disgust.

"What do you want" he spat.

"Just because you are a prisoner does not mean you are above the law. Remember to whom you speak" I reminded him.

He is silent, obviously weak from lack of food and freedom. His mental warfare was apparent along with his poor show of health; he looked drastically different than his physique from before.

"Are you the one named Itai?" I asked knowingly.

"Yes." He sighed as if his name was a curse.

"What is your relation to Nakini?"

"I am a nobody to her in your eyes so why do you ask?"

"Open the door" I tell the guards so I could face him.

"Tell me what your relation is to her" I demand again, the sharp tone in my voice was unmistakable.

"We were.. in love. I trained her in combat. Her father recruited me to their league of guards. I was the leader in her kingdom"

"Had you taken her chastity before this?"

"No...she refused. Nakini always stressed how she wanted to wait till a proper union. She was innocent before she met you" he cursed observing the marks on my neck.

I was relieved hearing her first time was with me. Knowing this turned me on.

"If I release you and send you back to your land you would only return to win her affections. And if I let you rot in this jail, she will come again to visit you. So of course you see my predicament my friend?"

"Sadly I do not." He sighed sarcastically.

"Let me put it in more obvious speech. What would I have to do to make you disappear forever?"

"I will always come back to Nakini. I love her."

"Her heart is open to love but something or someone....seems to be holding her back. She is not fully aware of her actions because something keeps drawing her back."

"I wonder what that something is?" He smiled pridefully. He knew the power he had over her.

"We are both stuck with this riddle my friend." I chuckled ingeniously.

"Well it seems we have reached an impasse your majesty" he shrugged, bending to lean against the wall.

"I know that you are still in love with my wife and I am still have hatred for you? So Itai, what do you suggest I do?"

"It is up to you your majesty. I have no say in the descions regarding your kingdom of Alexandria" he replied, embracing himself for the worst.

I snapped for my guards and they trailed in the cramped space, picking him up by force.