Prologue

The blinding, hot sun beat down on his sweat glistening body, arms pushing him up, over and over again, heavy pants leaving his parted baby pink lips. Sweat trickled down the sides of his face, the droplets rolling down his tan skin and falling onto the green grass beneath him.

His arms were burning, body growing tired as he heart beat rapidly against his chest, the pounding heard within his own ears as he grunted from the delicious pain he felt. The hot rays of the sun beat down on him, footsteps heard circling the hard working alpha.

A click of a tongue barely reached his ears through the grunts and heavy breathing. His teeth grind together, eyes squeezing shut as he pushed his growing tired body a little harder, the footsteps against the grass never stopping as he was circled. He tried his best to ignore it—to ignore his surroundings and focus at the fast at hand.

He could feel a pair of glowing red eyes beating down on him, making his skin crawl as he tried his best to continue to ignore it. He couldn't tell if his father's glare was what was burning his skin, or if it was the burning sun on his bare back, either way, it wasn't a settling feeling.

His arms felt like they were going to fall off, the aches throbbing throughout his muscles, the feet walking around him not helping the amount of pressure he felt on his shoulders as he tried his best to keep going, not wanting to disappoint his dad. He felt eyes on him the whole time, the pressure not helping as he tried not fucking up.

"Fifty more to go," The deep voice had finally spoke up, and Jungkook took this chance to open his eyes, glancing up at his father and seeing the man's orbs flicker between a bright red and chestnut brown. His arms were crossed, features stone cold as he circled around the boy, eyes glued on Jungkook.

Jungkook felt like passing out, his body feeling light and head spinning the more he worked himself, body feeling as if it were about to give out. Heavy pants escaped his plush lips, sweat rolling down the sides of his face and covering his forehead, light brown bangs sticking to his sweat-covered skin.

The alpha kept counting, the numbers climbing higher and higher in his head, his goal growing nearer and nearer. Time was ticking by slowly, his body growing weaker and more tired the longer he went without a break. His body was begging for a break, muscles growing weak and aching for some relief.

"Two fifty," His father had announced, looking at the watch wrapped around his wrist and stopping the stopwatch. A grunt left his throat, clearly not satisfied with the results as Jungkook fell onto his stomach against the cool grass underneath him, breathing heavy as he tried catching his breath and slow his heart rate.

Jungkook could hear the distaste in his dad's voice, causing him to roll his eyes as he panted. He laid on the ground for what felt like only a second before his dad had kicked his leg with his boot, grabbing the young alpha's attention and causing Jungkook to lazily lift his head from the grass.

"You're not finished yet," The man had spoken, looking down at his son as he dropped his arms to his sides. Jungkook wanted to groan and roll his eyes at the amount of ridiculous training he had to be put through, but he didn't, knowing the punishment would only be worse. "Get up. Now."

Jungkook forced himself up, arms weak and feeling like jelly as he stood to his feet, wiping the sweat from his forehead with a towel he had grabbed from the ground beside his water bottle. His breathing had slowed only a little bit, but not enough to feel energized and ready for more training.

As he stood and wiped the sweat off his face, he saw his dad's back facing him, arms by his sides as he stared ahead of him, not moving. Jungkook's brows furrowed as he decided to slowly walk up to him, throwing the towel to the ground as he stood beside his father.