Chapter Four

It was a lot harder to speak with Midnight Rose's head alpha than what Jungkook was expecting, which is why he was beginning to grow a little frustrated with the warrior wolves unwilling to grant him permission.

It took a lot of patience and reasoning for the wolves to allow the trio to step foot inside the pack house. Jungkook was grateful—pleased he hadn't given up and was now finding himself walking down the hallways behind a tall delta with broad shoulders.

The ravenette followed closely behind the male, glancing over his shoulder every now and then to check up on the two trailing behind him. He received reassuring nods as they walked around a few corners and up a flight of stairs before they stopped in front of a closed door.

The delta had turned to the trio standing patiently behind him, arms crossed and eyes on the raven-haired alpha, "I'm going to have to ask for your friends to stay out here while you talk to our alpha."

Jungkook had a feeling this would happen, which had him shaking his head firmly as he too folded his arms over his broad chest and looked at the delta in front of him. "Not happening," He spoke sternly.

The delta stared at Jungkook, unsure of what to say, and the alpha could tell this hadn't happened before by the way he saw the male's brows furrow a little and seemed taken aback by Jungkook's words. However, he didn't say anything, just turned around and opened the door, stepping inside and opening the door wide enough for the others to wander in.

Jungkook's eyes scanned his surroundings, noticing the small space was an office—similar to his own back at home. He looked forward and saw a silvery blond sitting at his desk with someone sitting on top of it, the pair looking down at what seemed to be a piece of paper that had their sole attention.

That wasn't until the delta standing by the door had shut it and clears his throat once he was standing in front of the small group and gazed at the alpha sitting at his desk. A pair of raven eyes had snapped up and were almost instantly met with Jungkook's honey-brown ones, a scent so alluring that it had Jungkook stomach doing flips.

He swallowed the lump forming in his throat hard, breathing through parted baby pink lips as he watched the alpha's eyes slowly shift over to the delta standing in front of the small group. Suddenly, Jungkook felt like he could breathe properly now, tearing his gaze away from the blond sitting behind his desk and listening to the conversation happening in front of him.

"Alpha." The delta had bowed in front of the said blond, which had him rolling his eyes and commanding him to stop, which had the other straightening his back as he cleared his throat. "This is Alpha Jeongguk from Mystic Shadow here to speak with you."

His eyes had widened a little at this as he slowly stood from his chair, leaning the palms of his hands on top of his desk as he locked eyes with the alpha standing behind the delta. "Wants to speak with me, you say?" His voice was alluring and deep, smooth and velvety as he spoke, and Jungkook was almost hooked.

"Yes, Alpha," The raven-haired delta had spoke with a small nod of his head, and Jungkook watched the way the alpha stared intently at him, as if he was sizing him up but also as if he was interested in the young alpha.

Jungkook could hear a small hum bubble from his lips as his eyes racked over the ravenette's figure. Jungkook didn't know what to say, and he was beginning to feel small under the other's dark and heavy gaze, unable to feel his limbs as his body felt completely paralyzed by his intimidating stare.

A strong smell of sandalwood reached Jungkook's nose, the alpha allured to the sweet scent as he swallowed and remained eye contact with the other. When their eyes met, it was like Jungkook was hooked; unable to look away when someone else was speaking, and he wasn't strong enough to tear his gaze away.

All he could do was stare at the alpha, admiring everything about him, from his long, mullet-like silvery blond hair, to his coffee-colored, catlike eyes. Everything about him was beautiful, and the overwhelming scent filling the room had Jungkook's wolf growling.

"How may I help you?" The words barely reached Jungkook's ears, too submerged in the alpha standing before him and in a cloudy haze of allurement, but it snapped him out of his thoughts and pulled him back to reality.

Jungkook cleared his throat, feeling all eyes on him and it burned, prickling his skin as he gazed into the alpha's dark eyes. He wanted to be confident in what he was doing; act as if he knew what to do, but he was new, and didn't know a single thing on how things like this worked.

"You attacked my pack a couple of days ago," He began, voice loud and stern, body language confident as he spoke, but on the inside he was screaming and keeping his body from trembling. He was scared, unsure of how this was supposed to go and what the ending results would be.

He had no idea how the alpha would react to his commands—if he even reacted at all. From the stories he had heard from his friends, Midnight Rose wasn't a pack to be messing around with, even when it came to confrontation, and Jungkook was scared it would trigger a war in the near future.

"You killed over half my pack, including the head alphas," He continued, swallowing and inhaling deeply when he saw the alpha's eyes narrow a little on to him, "The head alphas were my parents, and I would like to know why there was a sudden attack on us."

It wasn't even a question anymore for the raven-haired boy—no longer wanting to play sweet as he commanded for his questions to be answered immediately. He was expecting the blond to chuckle mischievous chuckle and a demon-like smirk to plaster his lips.

Instead, he was met with a blank gaze, expressionless face, and a slack jaw. "There's a lot of reasons why I attacked your pack," The blond stated, taking a seat and leaning his back against the chair, hands lazily clasped over his lap with his elbow resting on the arms, "One being, I didn't like your parents."

Jungkook's brows furrowed at this, lip parting a little as he looked at the other, not understanding. "And that gave you the right to just kill them and almost everyone else? All because you didn't like them?" He questioned.

"Who are you to question what I do?" The alpha spoke, voice deeper than before and louder with each word tumbling from his plush lips. Jungkook had clamped his lips shut, timid on what to say next, "What I do and how I run things around here doesn't concern you."

"It does when it involves my pack being on the verge of extinction," Jungkook had harshly snapped, giving the alpha a sharp look that had him raising a brow at the other.

"We killed off your parents and a small percentage of everyone else," The alpha stated with a lame shrug, as if it were no big deal, and it had Jungkook growing livid. "Now, you can excuse yourself and make your way off my territory. That would be much appreciated. Jin, show them the door."

Jungkook cocked his head back, quirking an eyebrow at the blond. He stuck his tongue to his cheek, scoffing as he shook his head. The delta, who seemed to be known as Jin, had made his way around the trio and opened the door, obeying the alpha's commands.

"I came here to look for some answers," Jungkook said with a smirk plastering his honey features as he walked around a chair and took a seat. He leaned back, elbows resting on the arms with his legs crossed at his ankles. "And I'm not leaving until I get them."