Chapter Fifty-Four

He couldn't stop pacing back and forth in the bathroom, trembling hands running through his scalp as he waited. He had felt nervous before, but reality was settling in and he didn't know what he was going to do once it all happened to be true.

He had been thinking about it ever since he left the house, running into a store he knew Taehyung wasn't going in and finding what he needed, paying for it and leaving as quickly as he came in with the plastic bag in his hand.

He couldn't stop pacing or thinking, the so many scenarios playing out in his head as he covered his mouth and closed his eyes, waiting for the time to be up so he could finally know what was wrong with him.

He felt like he could throw up again, but this time, it was due to his nerves going crazy. There wasn't much he could do as he just paced in the bathroom, with the door shut and locked and his hands now resting on his lower back.

Taehyung had no clue what he was currently doing—no one did, and it only added on to the nerves, afraid he was going to get caught. If he were to get caught, word would travel fast and everyone would assume things and start talking behind their back.

That only made everything worse now that he thought about it. He squeezed his eyes shut, throwing his face into his hands as he began to think about the worst outcome that could possibly happen, and that was Taehyung leaving.

He could feel the bike rise to his throat, mouth watering just by thinking about it. He was nervous as he stood there in the silent bathroom, the lights on and curtains pulled closed.

He was tempted to just throw it away and not look at it, too afraid of the results once they came in. But he knew he had to figure things out before Taehyung started piecing everything together and grew concerned, or worse, annoyed and angry with him.

He couldn't think about that right now, because there was still that possibility that what he was thinking wasn't true, and that made him feel a little better knowing that could be it and he was just having a bad day.

As much as he wished he was having a bad day, he couldn't convince himself he was. There were so many signs slapping him in the face, and all his mind could go to was this one.

He couldn't handle the wait, feeling the tension and pressure build onto him, and he felt like he was being crushed under the heavy weight. Like an elephant sitting on a car, crushing and crumbling until it gave out.

It was still a little too early to find out, the alarm on his phone not going off meaning it wasn't time. He had to sit down, feeling dizzy as he felt reality crush him, making him realize everything he would have to do and everyone he would have to tell.

This wasn't supposed to happen. He wasn't supposed to be sitting here, alone in the bathroom, with Taehyung gone and unaware of what was going on back at home. He didn't know Jungkook was sitting in the bathroom, waiting for results that would determine the rest of his life.

That was another thing; unsure of how he was going to tell Taehyung once the results came back what he was thinking and feeling. One part of him knew he had to tell him, while the other part wanted to hide it from him as long as possible until he began to notice the changes.

He was terrified he was going to lose him and freak out, and he didn't want that. This was going to change their lives forever, and he didn't know if Taehyung was even prepared for it to happen this early.

He didn't know how to approach the topic, or how to approach him. He didn't know if he should tell him in front of everyone, or just blurt it out when they were alone so no one could hear.

All he really could do was hope for the best and prepare for the worst. That's all his mom had ever taught him, and he had been living by that his whole life. When they were attacked, when he moved in with Taehyung's pack, and now this.