Starstruck 32. Decision

32. Decision

Ever since our little spat on graduation day, Glace and I haven’t talked about the subject of studying abroad for college. Though it has been one week, my decision hasn’t been made yet. Thankfully, she didn’t dare ask me about it or even had the guts to bring up the topic. I think she was as scared as me. Afraid that we’d be separated, but more frightened of holding me back from my dreams.

I have never thought of going to college somewhere far. Before this whole chaotic business about the fans and paparazzi came to be, I’ve envisioned myself attending the nearest culinary school, not going to France to be trained by a famous master chef.

Glace and mom were also right. If I attended school here, I wouldn’t be able to concentrate or make friends like normal people did. I’d spend my days hiding from the paparazzi and fans. It was for these reasons that I needed time to think things through. Not only for me and Glace at present, but for our future in general. I needed to be rational about this.

Poking my head through the kitchen, I saw my girlfriend, clad in jeans shorts, a red tank top, plus apron while she prepared pancakes. She had her back to me, giving me the opportunity to lean on the door frame and stare at her. Glace always loved to hum to herself while cooking. She was doing it now, her sexy butt moving sideways in a rhythm, oblivious of my presence behind her.

I couldn’t help but laugh when she changed her humming to beatboxing, rocking her head back and forth. She had many talents that I wasn’t aware of yet, even whilst I’ve known her for the longest time. Glace turned in my direction with a smirk when she heard me. “It’s always great to hear my baby laugh so early in the morning,” she said, raising the spoon she’s been using to whisk the batter.

Walking inside the kitchen, I sat on one of the stools in front of the black granite counter. “I didn’t know you’re talented at beatboxing,” I teased.

She shrugged, turning back to the mixture, pouring it gently on the pan. “I can do a lot of things with my mouth.”

“I know,” I said as I stood up, walking behind her. “You showed me last night remember?” I whispered near her ear. The small hair at her arms stood to attention. Smiling to myself, I slapped her behind and went back to the chair. “Cook me bacon?”

She cleared her throat, trying to recover her voice. “Sure. Anything for my Dulce.”

Minutes later, we sat side-by-side on the kitchen, eating pancakes and bacon, my favorite breakfast. “What are your plans for today?” she asked after sipping on her juice.

I attacked the bacon with my fork. “Why do you think I have plans?”

“Because your hair is wet, which means you took a shower already. Without me,” she added with meaning behind her voice. Ever since I’ve started sleeping here, Glace always finds every excuse to take a bath with me. Not that I’m complaining. “You’re also wearing different set of clothes,” she murmured. I glanced down at my jeans and blue tank top. The observation skill of this one is astounding, I thought.

“Yeah about that. . .” I trailed and took a bite of bacon. “Can I borrow your cap if you have another one? And sunglasses too. I want to go to the park.” Chewing slowly, I waited for her to digest the information I said.

“Sure. I have lots of that.”

I was waiting for her to ask me questions. Other people would interrogate their girlfriends about where they were going, who they were going with, and what they would do, but Glace wasn’t like that. She was contented with what I gave her. And because of that, I loved her more.