Epilogue

The story started with a prologue from Oliver's POV and we are ending with Victor's! I think it's quite fitting considering Vic is one of the main characters in the second book too, so you can look at this epilogue as a little teaser for the second book! ^.^

I hope some readers are still here after the previous chapter, and you won't give up on the second book just because Ollie and Victor are not a thing. From my point of view, the second book looks way better for me and I cannot wait to start working on it!

***************************************************************

VICTOR's POV

To say I was annoyed was an understatement. I got it. Oliver was over me. I wasn't entirely satisfied with the situation, but whatever. The conversation we had, more like a monologue on Ollie's part with me whining like a bitch, actually helped me a lot. It was surprising, but when he said he forgave me, it was as if a huge load lifted off my mind. I was overwhelmed with feelings of freedom and joy so big it was unbelievable. It was still too embarrassing to even remember the scene I made all those weeks ago. Crying like a little pussy was not something I did, ever. But the fact it helped me get a better relationship with him and, what was more important, with Matty, was worth it. Moreover, I was able to forget about it most of the time by simply thinking about other things. Today, though, I had it on mind every second that went by, and I was ready to jump the nearest bridge.

"Why the hell do I have to be there?!" I asked for the millionth time, staring at the freshly cleaned suit in front of me. I was supposed to put it on and leave in half an hour, but with things as they were, locking myself in the house seemed like a better idea.

"Because of the press, your good friend and your son's bright smile. Did I forget something?" Alison was sitting in my kitchen, munching on a chicken salad, trying her hardest not to ruin her make-up and dirty her dress.

She was ready as ever, looking gorgeous with her hair tied in a long thick braid, few unruly strands elegantly sticking out of it here and there. The braid itself was decorated with white flowers, a flowery headdress sitting on top of her head. Her dress was in a lighter shade of yellow, with sleeves and the upper layer of a skirt made out of lace. With the way she looked, the most beautiful models and celebrities out there would look dull in front of her. I could tell that much. Still, it was like looking at a nice piece of furniture or a new model of a car. Beautiful but nothing more. Sometimes, I was angry at myself for not being attracted to her. That way, I could have a great family without any worries.

"Shut up and stop eating. There's going to be enough food for everyone. You're going to offend them if you don't eat there," I grumbled, grabbing the suit and walking towards the bathroom to change. If nothing else, disappointing Matthias was the last thing I wanted, so there was no other option than to go. He was expecting me.

"Don't worry, I'm having a salad for a reason. Any other day, I would have a full-fledged lunch and some dessert afterward!" she yelled after me, chuckling when all I did was grunt some more and close the door to the bathroom.

I was slowly getting used to living in my new house. I moved in a week after my fateful meeting with Oliver, and thanks to our plan on how to satisfy the hunger of the press, it passed off without any problem.

It was surprising, but the sleazy bastards who called themselves journalists were so easily satisfied it was almost laughable. All they needed was to see us all together in the street, playing a happy family, and few interviews with both me and Oliver and Joshua as well, and their constant following and stalking eased up by several levels. There were, of course, few who were still hungry for more, but it was nothing compared to the hordes at the beginning.