9. Chapter - The Unexpected Turn of Events

I wasn't able to enjoy the picnic as I would like to

I wasn't able to enjoy the picnic as I would like to. The incident with Nelson was still on my mind, and I couldn't stop thinking about all those terrible scenarios where Victor would appear in the shop, demanding some kind of shit. Thinking back to it, I couldn't figure out why I acted the way I did. I shouldn't have chosen the cakes and the coffee for him. Why the hell did I do that? God, it was as if I was showing off I still remembered what he liked and was proud of it. Like an idiot. But that was not the case! The past was behind me! I got over it! So why was I acting like a fool the moment I found out he was in the city? This was so embarrassing I could die.

"Oli?" I jumped, startled at Josh's loud voice. Looking at him, I was surprised to see him so close to me. His beautiful eyes were staring right into mine, and I felt a smile appear on my lips. Josh always had this effect on me. Just seeing him made my day better, and I couldn't really remember the time when I felt depressed or sad when he was close by. I did freak out one time. It was when Matt ended up in a hospital because of his high fever and dehydration. But situations like this were expected to be stressful for parents, so I didn't count that one. I was talking about other times, about every other day without any drama except for a few arguments or disagreements between us. We never really stayed angry at each other longer than a few minutes after an argument. Someone once told me arguments made the relationship stronger. I remembered laughing at the person and thinking it was ridiculous, but with Josh, I realized it was true. Every damn time we argued about something ended up with us laughing our asses off and having sex afterward. Not that it was too often, I would say we argued once or twice in three months, but I secretly loved these times. The sex was always so full of passion and love.

Shaking my head slightly to get the thoughts about our sex life out of my mind, probably making Josh even more confused based on his baffled expression, I smiled more broadly, my teeth showing.

"What?" I asked, looking around to see where Matty currently was, finding him by the nearest tree, playing with the grass. He was fascinated with plants. I never understood what was so interesting about them, but everyone was different. Whenever we went outside, he ended up playing or watching it. Even our house and garden were full of it as he always talked us into buying him something knew when we were shopping. I couldn't count all the plants inside our house even if I tried to.

"Oliver, I'm over here," Josh chuckled, snapping my attention back to him.

"Sorry." I felt my cheeks redden. Nelson's sudden appearance really threw me off balance. I took a deep breath and looked Josh straight into the eyes. He deserved to know the truth. It probably wasn't the best decision to discuss this on our picnic, but if kept silent, none of us would enjoy the time as much as we could otherwise.

"Victor is in the city. The reason I was so late, was because I met his best friends in the shop. He came to buy something sweet for the fucker, and it kind of unsettled me. I can't help myself but think about him coming to the shop too. Don't take it the wrong way. I'm just fucking scared he will find out about Matt. He will definitely cause a scene if he comes to the shop. I can just see it. I know we talked about this a lot in the past, and you are probably tired of the Victor-topic, but although I don't feel a thing for him anymore, I'm sure seeing him again will make me fucked up. God, I feel like such a mess, and I didn't even see him yet," I was babbling. My words probably didn't make even the slightest sense, but I couldn't help myself. This whole situation was so absurd and confusing. All kinds of emotions were running wild inside of me, and I hated feeling like this, feeling so stupid and weak.