14. Chapter - Plan

OLIVER's POV

I couldn't believe I was actually considering meeting the bastard. Just the thought of following his demands made me sick. But I knew what he was capable of. I heard all the horrible stories about his father, and the things he was willing to do in order to achieve his goals. Victor being his son told me enough to know he wasn't kidding when he threatened me in the morning. In the past, I lived with the idea he was different. I learned the terrible truth the hard way, and I wasn't willing to repeat the same mistake now.

Walking in circles back in the kitchen, I felt like punching something. And the wall in front of me looked like the right place for that. I felt as angry as never before. Even the anger that overcame me all those years ago was nothing compared to this rage that twisted inside of me like a poisonous snake.

"Who the fuck does he think he is?" I growled, unable to suppress it. I was so full of negative emotions at the moment, I felt like I would burst in next few seconds.

"Shit!" The table in the center of the room shook under my fist, sharp pain shooting up my forearm.

Damn it.

Shaking my head, I hurried towards the dishwasher that finished several minutes ago, getting the dishes out and putting them in their place. Finley would kill me if I left it in the machine or misplaced it. Hopefully, the work, which needed to be done yet, would be able to distract my thoughts for some time.

*****

"Are you really ok? You've been acting strange since you talked with the man. Who was that, Ollie?" Mel was watching me with worries written all over her face, her big green eyes staring at me so intensely, I felt like she was able to see my soul.

Groaning, I sat down on a chair in the kitchen, eyes closed. Since I returned from my little talk with Victor, she was constantly on my heels, trying to find out who it was and what we talked about.

It was just the two of us, as I let Charlie go home early. He was too shaken to keep on working, and there weren't that many people anymore so it wasn't a problem. He was lucky he had two days off now, but then again, if he didn't swap the shifts with Dylan, he would never have to meet Victor. It was a terrible twist of fate. 

Sighing, I couldn't help but laugh bitterly.

"Yeah. No, I'm not. I should've expected something to go wrong when I was so happy just a day ago. I was so overwhelmed by the fact Josh proposed to me, I wasn't careful enough. It's always been like this. Whenever I was too happy, my life just took a turn for the worse and decided to ruin my happiness." I laughed again, opening my eyes to see Mel's confused expression.

"It was my ex," I said at last, feeling sick again. I really didn't want to talk about it, but she deserved it. She was my friend, and although she knew what my ex did to me and Charlie, she didn't know who it was, until now.

Her eyes went wide in a matter of few seconds. She was left speechless for a minute, her mouth opening and closing as if she was trying to find the right words to say. I wasn't surprised as all the things I told her about Victor were terrible.

"You mean," she started, still at the loss of words. It was kind of funny, if you asked me. She was always so talkative, sometimes even more than was healthy. So seeing her like this was interesting. I would laugh at her if the situation wasn't what it was.

"It was the bastard who cheated on you with Charlie, who was cheated on as well as he didn't know the fucker was already seeing you?!"

This time, I couldn't suppress the laugh that escaped my lips. The way she said it was just too much. It sounded like a phrase from a sitcom or something like that.