Jetlag

"I can't believe we have to leave our last days of vacation in Brazil for this" Brooke stomped around in her black rain boots and wet trench coat

Brooke stomped around in her black rain boots and wet trench coat.

"Pop tart. Let me take that and hang it up" I grabbed her coat and removed a wire hanger from the closet.

She tossed the coat at me and sat on the edge of the bed with her arms crossed.

"Babe, I know this is the last thing you want to do but we knew you would have to testify eventually"

"I know, I just hate reliving it"

I could tell she was frustrated. Brookes memory had finally come back to her after we started the tour. Although that seemed like a good thing it also came with nightmares of what happened with Jesse. She could barely sleep now days. There were nights where she would numb the pain by drinking backstage. I carried her home and dealt with her hangovers in the morning. I wanted her to tell me more about what happened but I couldn't get her to open up about it. It had been almost a year of being on tour and together. I had been carrying the ring around that long but every time I wanted to propose to her I realized that she wasn't in the right head space. She had her own demons she had to face before we could get married and I didn't want to push her.

"What he did to you. I will never be able to understand. This is our chance to put him behind bars. He's been on house arrest living a cushy life, and you and I both know he needs to be put away."

She ran over to me and hugged my neck tight.

"I got you" I squeezed her.

"I guess I'm gonna go get ready then" she pointed to the hotel bathroom and grabbed the duffel bag underneath her.

"Yeah I'm gonna change out of these wet clothes too. No idea LA would be this rainy end of February, Spain was beautiful, it's doing me head in" I pulled my drenched hoodie over my head and tossed it on to the floor.

I unzipped my garment bag and put on some blue slacks and a nice button up adjusted my Rolex and laid back on the bed. We had traveled from a beautiful and hot area of Brazil where we had finished my tour and decided to stay behind to relax and vacation for two weeks. The jet lag and the weather change had thrown us both.

"What are you even supposed to wear to court?" she walked out in a black jumpsuit and a white blazer. "Can you help me with this?" She turned around and lifted her hair so I could clasp the diamonds around her neck.

I held her hands that were cold and shaking. "After it's over we will go to the nearest bar and get you a drink"

"Start YELPING for one now please!" She hollered from across the hall. "Okay, I guess now or never" she picked up her purse and swung it over her shoulder.