pg 30

RANDI POV

I watch the sun rays creep in through the curtains signaling a new day. I stroke the bare skin of Camila as she slept soundly on my chest. She stirs in her sleep and turns around. Getting up, I needed to go for a run.

"Morning alpha, is there anything you need?" The member on patrol says bowing. "I'm going for a run, just continue stay vigilant."

Removing my clothes I transform into my large wolf and take off, I ran at lighting speed for about two hours. Only stopping when I got to the top of the cliff, the view was breath taking. There in the distance was Leah house. I imagined she was already awake.

I soon realize my wolf was now moving down the cliff, and it was too late to turn back. We were already in the woods that lead to her back yard. Her scent was strong. I stayed hidden behind the trees.

Why was I there lurking?

My wolf jumps as a figure walks pass the window. Moving a little closer, I see Leah wearing only a bath robe. She actually looked...I stop myself.

My wolf begins to whine. I needed to set things straight. Transforming back into human, I walk boldly through the back yard and head to the front of the house, disregarding the fact that I was completely naked.

I knock on the door and wait. It soon opens and Cathy shocked by my appearance, bows her head. "Alpha, what are...what are you doing here?"

"May I come in?" She immediately moves out the way and opens the door wider. Charles soon comes from around the corner and he too looked in dismay "Alpha?" He says and looks to his mate. She shrugs her shoulders.

"Please, bring me something to cover up." I say. He bows his head and turns back around. "May I get you anything?" Cathy asked.

I shake my head. I look up at the ceiling and could hear footsteps. It must have been her. Noticing my eyes Cathy speaks. "She just woke moments ago and she's washing up."

I look back to her about to speak until Charles comes with some clothes. I take them and put them on in front of them and without asking I head up stairs. The two follow behind me. As I get upstairs, I could pick up on Zayne's scents. I turn to them and ask "Has my brother been here?"

"He was here last night but only to see about Leah, alpha." Charles answers. I turn back around, "Is this it?"

Cathy steps forward. "Let me check first alpha, she could be getting undressed."

My wolf gets excited at the thought. Staying silent I watch as she slightly opens the door but then opens it wider. She was in her bathroom. I stop and turn to them. "That is all, you may leave."

Cathy was hesitant to go until her mate pulls her back and shuts the door.

I walk around the room and try not to touch anything. I didn't want her scent all over me. I come across a picture of her and her adopted family. I pick it up and observe it. She looked to be about twelve. Something else soon catches my attention in the corner of the room was the pile of clothing that she wore the night of the attack. Seeing the spots of blood on her clothing sent me into a rage.

"Alpha?"

I turn around to her, swallowing hard I shake off the inappropriate thoughts. "Why do you still have this?" Her eyes move to them and back to me. "I want you to get rid of this immediately."

She doesn't say anything. I drop the clothes back on the floor. "Why....Why are you here?" She stutters. "I want to inform you that-" I stop when I noticed her cheek was still bruised. She covers her cheek with her hand. "Is it alright?" I ask.

"That's not why I came here. I came here to let you know that whatever you and Zayne have going on will not change my decision to claim Camila as my mate."