10

As the car drove up the path that lead to Bear Mountain, both the alpha and I sat quietly while Camila and Zayne chatted. Noticing my silence and how uncomfortable I was, Zayne places a hand on my thigh for reassurance. I look to him and he gives a wink. I fake a smile and look back out at the window not knowing the alpha was secretly watching. We finally got to the top mountain and decide to walk the path the rest of the way. Alpha Randi and Camila walk ahead of us.

"So you really haven't been up here before?" Zayne humorously asked. I shake my head and answer. "No, I don't travel much, but I would love too!"

"Don't worry; I'll take you wherever you want to go." Zayne says. He wraps his arm around my shoulder drawing me closer to his chest.

We walk higher up the mountain and I stare in amazement at how beautiful the view was up here. We were so high up you could see the whole valley.

"It's so beautiful." I say in awe. Zayne stands closer, "It's even better when you can experience it through your wolf's eyes, feeling the earth under my paws and the wind brushing through my fur. It's fucking epic." He says looking out at the view.

"Leah, come here!" Camila calls from behind. I turn around and she waves me over to her, she links arms with me. "I want you to walk with Me." she says. She leads me to an ancient temple.

"What's this strange place?" I curiously asked.

"This is the ancient temple of our ancestors," she says, as she describes the temple walls. There were wall drawings, depicting how their people transformed into their wolf form, during the Full Moon Ceremony.

"The alpha would claim his mate here, marking her to be his forever." We stare up at the painting representing an alpha and his mate. As I observe the painting more I realize if alpha Randi were to except me as his mate is where he would have taken me. But that would never happen now.

"Hey Leah, can we talk," Camila said.

"Yes?"

"I hope we can come to some kind of truce about, you know..." These past few weeks, the not knowing, is the hardest part. But I've been trying my best to cope with everything."

"Randi and I have been in love since childhood and we just can't seem to come to terms with the way things have played out. I know it must be hard for you to be around him, to be around us." She says looking over her shoulder to where alpha stood. I was certain he could hear our conversation.

I truly wanted to hate her. But their love was strong, stronger then what I wanted from the alpha.

"It was hard at first I will admit...but now I feel as though it's all a dream. Beside I've fallen for someone else."

"Really, that's good to know. Well, I'm glad we got to chat. She says rubbing my arm, before walking away to join the guys. I watch the two of them, as they lovingly exchange a kiss. Alpha Randi turned towards me and our eyes seemed to lock for a second; I wished everything I just told Camila was really true, and that I didn't have any feelings for alpha Randi.

Zayne turns around and smiles at me, while motioning his head directing me to come to him. I force a smile and rejoin his side as we continue to explore the mountains.