pg 66

It didn't take long for me to realize where Zayne was taken me. Once he stops the car, I turn to him.

"Why are we here?"

"I figured you'll want to say goodbye before you left."

"Thank you." I whisper to him.

Unstrapping myself I open the passenger door and get out. Heading to the front door I open it and step inside. The familiar scent hit me.

"Cathy? Charles?!" I call out heading farther into the house. Suddenly Charles appears from around the corner. He stops when he notices us two.

"LEAH!?" he didn't even get to finish before I was already in his arms.

"Where's Cat?" I ask eagerly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to say goodbye to you before you left."

"It's Okay I'm here now." I tell him hugging him once more. "Come on, She's in the green house." he says escorting us to the back yard. Once in the green house I could see Cathy whose hands were covered in dirt.

"Wait here." Charles whispers.

Zayne and I watch. She looks up at him and begins to smile.

Charles smiles and motions his head in our direction, she follows.

"My sweet Leah!" she cries out, placing kisses all over my cheeks.

"Does the alpha know you're here?" she asks cupping my face in her hands.

"Zayne, brought me." I turn back to Cathy, noticing the changed in my face she sighs.

"I know you can't stay, it's alright."

"No it's not just that. I came to say goodbye, I'm leaving tonight with the alpha." I confess pulling away from her. Both Cathy and her mate looked confused.

"I don't understand. What do you mean?" Cathy looks to Charles than back to me. "Is he making you leave the pack?"

Zayne speaks stepping closer. "The alpha and our beta are leaving tonight and heading to Moon Ridge. There is an eminent threat to our packs survival. The Leadership of each pack are convening in a small Canadian Town."

Charles steps closer to Zayne. "An eminent threat and he wants Leah to come?"

"Yes and as her guardians you have the right to know of her whereabouts."

"I will not question the alpha if he wants his mate to be there with him, but will it be safe?"

"I'll be fine Charles." I say.

"I don't think it's a bad idea, but it's the leadership I fear."

"A conference called before the annual meetings. What type of threat is it?" Cathy looks to Zayne.

"I'm not sure," he evaded the question to not alarm them. "But my brother, if this thing gets out of control will call forth a pack meeting."

"Let's not worry about this anymore. I just want to spend as much time with you two before I have to leave." I say.

Cathy agrees, "You're right let's go inside. I'll make you something to eat."

--------------------------------------

The sun had already gone down by the time Zayne and I got ready to go. We were all outside, saying our final goodbye's.

"I love you."

She smiles.

"Thank you Zayne. For the surprise visit." she bows her head.

"My pleasure."

Suddenly his phone rings. He then looks to me. I turn back to my parents. They both give me reassuring smiles. Zayne places a hand to my back letting me know it was time.

Arriving back to the compound, as we pull into the large drive way there were black SUV's parked. And there stood beta Tony and the alpha, surrounded by a few watchmen.

We both get out and I dreaded every step we took closer to him. Noticing us they all turn in our direction.

With a threatening tone he steps closer to Zayne. "It's ten fifty-six. I returned back from my duties hours ago, only to find my mate and brother gone. Did you honestly think that keeping her out that I'll change my mind and leave without her?"

"It wasn't like that Randi. He took me to see my parent, that's all. It's my fault if we stayed to long."

"No, don't bother explaining to him. If he wants to believe I purposely planned this, then let him. Maybe I did." Zayne says in a taunting manner.

"I should go get my things."

"No need, your things are already loaded in the car." he says grabbing my hand. He opens the back door. I watch from the window as he rounds the truck and gets into the driver seat. He pulls out his cell phone.

"We're ready"

Just then the two trucks in front of us begin to pull off. I take one last look at Zayne through the tinted window; he stood next to Cruz. Turning forward, I notice Randi eyes staring at me through the rear view.

97k