4

Now back in my bedroom, I started getting dressed for the initiation ceremony, but I was having a hard time putting a small hair clip that Cathy gave me on my sixteenth birthday in my hair. It kind of matches the dress I was wearing tonight that once belonged to the Echohawk's older daughter Dena, who's, now mated.

As I set on my bed there was a loud knock at the door. The door half way opened and Mr. Echohawk poked his head in, "Hey kiddo!" He said.

I look up at him and gave him a fake smile, "Hey." I replied.

"May I come in?" he asked. I nod my head. Mr. Echohawk walks in and sits on the bed by my side, breathing hard out of his nose. Moments pass before he actually speaks.

"I know that I'm not a human teenage girl and I don't know what you're going through but I will say this, everything's going to be fine." "Even if it seems like it won't. But somehow destiny has a strange way of turning things around."

I lean my head on his shoulder. "Why does everyone keep telling me that?"

"Because it's true." he whispers.

"Charles, Leah come on we'll be late!" Cathy shouts from down stairs.

"Come on lets go." He says, helping me off the bed and out of the room.

Cathy was standing at the bottom of the stairs in the front entry hall, looking into the oversized antique mirror fixing her hair. She turned toward me. "Oh Leah, you look beautiful." "I know doesn't she?" Mr. Echohawk joined in.

I smiled and blushed, "Thank you." I say putting my loose curls behind my ear.

"The alpha will surely be watching you tonight." Cathy said with a huge smile. Both she and her mate began to insist. I just rolled my eyes. "I hate when you two do that." I say through clenched teeth. I grab a sweater off the coat rack and walk outside to the truck.

Once we pulled up onto the alpha's drive way I had to keep reminding myself to calm down. My heart was beating hard against my chest almost to the point it began to hurt. "Ok let's start carrying the food into the house." Cathy says.

As we began to unload the back of the truck other members of the pack came to help us. "Here Leah help the others carry this inside!" she says handing me the large cake she baked.

"Be careful!" she shouted.

The closer I got to the door the more nervous I got. My palms felt sweaty and the cake seemed too heavy to carry. I grab hold of the door handle which felt hot to the touch. "You can do this." I tell myself, I nervously go inside.

The others soon come in carrying the rest of the food. I follow them down the hall towards the kitchen but stop at the entrance when I hear laughter coming from it. Those sounds only belonged to three people, our beta Tony, Camila and him.

My hands began to shake. Just then the alpha's brother Zayne who looks just like him came out but stopped when he notice's me, his dark brown eyes looking down at the cake in my hands. "Why are you just standing there, aren't you going to put it in the kitchen?"

I shook my head, "You do it." I said holding my hands out for him to take the cake. Even though, doing so was a bit disrespectful, knowing his rank in the pack. He huffed out in annoyance, "Follow me." he says walking down the hall and around the corner. I was confused but followed anyway.

"Look, I don't have a problem with you but, because it's my brother's orders," he starts but I interrupt "Orders?"

"Yeah though I really shouldn't be telling you this," he stops. "No tell me please." I beg him. I wanted to know what he was talking about.

"He ordered all of the male wolves who haven't found their mates yet to stay away from you."

"Why would he do that?" I ask confused.

"Something about his wolf becoming restless without you and if he senses another male near you he might lose control but that's not the point. I brought you back here to tell you to grow some balls and face him and Camila. He already thinks you're weak so prove him wrong. Show him this doesn't affect you at all."

"Why....why are you helping me?"

"Because what he's doing is wrong. We're taught that we're only supposed to bond with our mates. His actions are pissing me off. That's how Mother Moon made it and that how it goes no matter if you're an alpha and besides he's my brother I'm not afraid of him like everyone else in this pack."

I was shocked by what he said and lost for words. "Now go take the cake into the kitchen and then leave." he spoke with such confidence.

"Thank you, this really means a lot to me." I say timidly.

"Yeah well...you're welcome." was all he said before walking away back down the hall.