7

While at home as I lay on my bed, waiting anxiously. I read the napkin again just to make sure that I read it correctly. Why did he want me to meet him?

My heart started to beat a little faster at the thought of meeting Zayne.

I got up out of bed and walked toward the door, quietly opening it and looking down the hall towards my parent's room. I silently close my door back and walk to my window, sliding it open. I stick my leg out and on to the rooftop; I reach my hand out to grab hold of one of the branches, and I carefully climb down.

I finally make it to the dock, I call out to Zayne, but he doesn't answer. Hearing footsteps I hide behind a large stack of crates. Suddenly a dark figure appears from behind the boathouse. The figure walks closer to where I was. "Zayne is that you?" I ask. Taking a risk, I poke my head out.

When Zayne sees me he laughs. "Why were you hiding?"

"I thought you were someone else." I answer.

"Come on, we can't be out in the open." He says before walking off towards his family's boat. He climbs aboard first and reaches his hand out to help me. His hands felt very warm for it to be chilly out, though it was probably a werewolf thing.

"So why did you what to meet me out here so late?" I immediately ask. He laughs, "Damn can I get in some type of position first?" He says as he leans up against the railing. I curse myself for being so impatient.

"It's a beautiful night out, "Isn't it?" But the real reason I wanted to meet you is because ever since Randi rejected you I've wondered about it."

I step closer to him,

"Thinking about what?"

"Since that day he's been acting like nothing happened. He's still seeing Camila when he knows you're his mate."

"Yeah...but it's only because I'm human."

"It's against our way of life to cross breed with humans, but it's not uncommon. Mother Moon chooses our mates; it's not the other way around. I believe she must have fated you two to be together." he looks up at the sky.

"So what I'm feeling isn't my imagination; it's actually a mating connection?" I come closer to him, as he nods his head. I was still confused. "So why did he reject me?!" I ask angrily.

"I don't get it either!" Leah; But my brother has been in love with Camila since childhood, he believed she was his mate. He claims Mother Moon has made a mistake, so he thinks by avoiding you, somehow the bond will be broken."

"But I have a plan; I'm going to make my brother realize what an idiot he's become for rejecting you."

I raise an eyebrow, "How are you going to do that?"

He turns his body towards me and finally declare, "Go out with me."