Playing With The Alpha- Chapter 18 Pg 72

Artamis POV (just in case you're confused this is the guy that Leah bump into at the diner when she was rushing to the restroom!)

My mind wanderers to the girl that ran into me at the diner.

Her vibration was different from the rest. I don't know what it was about her, but I felt like we would meet again soon.

"So what do you say? I know somewhere quite we could go."

"Obviously you didn't hear me the first time. I said I have a boyfriend, so fuck off!" The slim brunet with the alluring grey eyes snapped at me. This was my first assignment and already I was becoming irritated. This she wolf wasn't buying my sweet talk. I look over my shoulder to the four dark figures that sat in a booth located in a corner in the back of the bar. They all were intimidating, and scary looking dudes. Who proudly displayed their tattoos and battle scars, but the one I feared the most was my father, who wore a black leather eye patch, across his left eye. He lost it thirty years ago in a brutal ambushed trying to bring down an alpha wolf.

He was no idiot. He knew I couldn't handle this. So he stands and the other three follow him; laughing at my failure, as they exit through the back door. I turn back to she wolf, I was not about to let her get away. But I'm thrown off guard when a tall male appears next to her, his eyes the same color. My heart pounds in my chest and my palms become sweaty.

One female wolf I could handle, they were weaker than the males. But a female wolf and her mate who looked like he was built out of steel, was another story.

Fuck

"Is there a problem?" The guy ask, stepping in between his mate and I.

Thinking fast I chuckle and step off my stool. Now eye level to him. "Nah, she's all yours man. Your girlfriend wasn't going to let me bang tonight anyways."

"What the fuck did you just say?!" He spat. He grabs me by my shirt collar and pins me into the counter hard, causing my drink to spill over. I raise my hands up in defense, as if I meant no harm; but I knew exactly what I was doing now.

"Oh come on? You can't blame a guy when your girl is dressed like that."

He slams me harder against the counter and his grip tightens. "You better watch your mouth!"

I laugh and bring my face closer to his, "Or what?"

"Babe let's just go its almost our curfew. He's clearly drunk." His mate begs, coming to his side.

He releases me and steps back. "Drunk piece of shit."

They both turn to leave and I start to panic. I couldn't let them get away. Not now, not while they we're both right here. "Wait!", "Before you go." I shout catching their attention once more.

The two turn, and I look to the girl with a sly smile; I place my index and middle finger to my mouth and stick my tongue out between them. Hinting at it's sexual meaning.

This was it, I had challenged him.
"Hugo No!" His mate screamed before he charges at me with wolf speed.

Once again I'm in his strong grip,but this time he lifts my body off the ground and drags me across the bar's counter; glass bottles and drinks spatter everywhere. Hugo then tosses me like a rag doll to the other side of the bar. Everyone in this section immediately move out the way as my two-hundred pound body came crashing door into a wooden table. It collapses into a thousand pieces.

I groan out in pain and force myself up. My tongue was coated with the irony taste of blood. I spit it out and weakly shrug my shoulders.

"Thats....all you got?"