Playing With The Alpha- Chapter 3 pg9

Heading back to the main area I began to worry about the other pack members seeing us together. I let go of Zayne's hand and drop my right hand at my side. Concerned by my reaction, Zayne turns to me and say.

"What's the matter?"

"What if someone see us holding hands?" I say nervously.

"Leah, that's the whole point of all this. We want them to see!" "He says while grabbing my arm once again, but this time making sure I would not break free. We continued on our way, while the other pack members gazed at us in amazement.

I looked up at Zayne to see if I could read his facial expression, but the only clue he wore on his face, was one of secrecy. Sometimes when I look at him he reminds me of the alpha, but Randi was always serious and barely smiled, but Zayne seemed down to earth and more approachable.

I immediately averted my eyes away from him. My cheeks turned rosy red, kind of like a baby's chaff bottom. I begin to realize the direction he was taking me and I felt t a big knot form in my stomach.

"Zayne, why are we heading towards your house?" I franticly ask.

"Because he's there." was all Zayne said as we continued to get closer and closer to the house. I swallow the big lump in my throat and prepare myself for what will happen.

Zayne opens the front door and we enter inside. The scent of 'him' hit me hard. His scent was everywhere it nearly suffocated me. I stop Zayne by the front entrance.

"I don't know if I can do this." I confess, shaking my head. Zayne smiles a reassuring smile. He places his hand on the side of my face. The action suddenly made my heart flutter.

"You're real beautiful." he says. I was a bit confused by his statement. He didn't have to pretend right now no one was around.

As if on que alpha Randi appears from the back of the house, Zayne must have heard him coming using his keen wolf hearing. Zayne and I both turn to the alpha.

Zayne motions me to take his hand as he greets his brother. "Randi, what a pleasure to see you!"

"What is she doing here?" alpha says. The alpha noticed that Zayne and I were holding hands, sensing that the alpha didn't like what he saw; I snatch my hand away from Zayne and place them behind my back.

"I'm sorry for intruding alpha." I say bowing my head. "She's here with me, actually; if that answers your question." Zayne says as he wraps his hand around my waist pulling me closer. The alpha flinches a bit but stops, when Camila suddenly appeared. She looked shocked by my presence too, but she pretends not to notice me. "Are you ready?" she asks the alpha, wrapping her arms around him, making it clear to everyone in the room, that he was hers.

"Where are you two going?" Zayne asked Camila.

"Your brother is taking me on a long drive to Bear Mountain" Camila smiles proudly looking up at him. I watch for his reaction. He didn't do anything but stare at Zayne.

"Really, can we tag a long? I'm sure Leah doesn't know how great they look this year.

"You haven't been to the Bear Mountain before have you, Leah?" he directs his question to me now. I shake my head.

"That's perfect, now we all can enjoy it together!" Zayne exclaims.

"No!" "Yes!" Randi and Camila answered at the same time.

"Oh come on. There's enough room, besides Zayne says Leah's never been." Camila says looking to the alpha and back at me. "Would you like to join us Leah?" She asks with a kind smile.

"Uh, I...uh I guess if it's all right with the alpha." I stutter, looking to her. My eyes betray me and look to the alpha who wore a straight face.

"Sure it isn't, come on!" She says grabbing my arm and leads us back outside.