pg 54 (alpha family house above)

"How is he?"

"You'll find out soon enough." Zayne says harshly.

It wasn't long before we got to the care center. Zayne seemed to upset by my behavior, so he pulls into the long driveway but he doesn't get out. I slam the car door and head inside.

Instead of knocking on the door, I go straight inside; no matter how many times I come here it still amazes me how beautiful this place is.

"May I help you?" A voice interrupted my thoughts. I turn to see a tall slender black haired man standing in the corridor.

"I'm here to speak with alpha Randi." I bow.

The man looks at me skeptically. "What's the reason?"

"Oh, it's actually personal."

"I can't let you through without a reason. It's protocol."

I sigh. "I need to ask for approval to leave the pack."

"What's your name?"

"Leah."

"Aren't you the alpha's mate? I'll take you to him right away. He's in his office."

We walk down a long hallway, toward the alpha's private chambers.

"Alpha? You have a visitor." He knocks and opens the door revealing the grand office. Randi stood with his back turned as he stares out of the large bay window.

My lip starts to twitch.

He starts "I asked not to be distur-", but when he noticed me he motioned me to come in.

I watch as he takes a seat at his desk. He sighs and rubs his face.

"You may be seated."

'Thank you" I nervously reply.

His eyes move to the guard "Thank you Cruz, you're dismissed."

Cruz bows his head and leaves the room.

"Leah."

"Alpha." I rush to speak.

Randi quickly states, "I have much to discuss with you. But I will allow you to speak first."

"I... I came here to ask for your approval to leave the pack."

I knew it wouldn't take long for him to agree after all this is want he wanted too.

He pauses and then chuckles to himself.

"Sorry but I'll have to deny your request Leah."

Did I hear him correctly?

"WHAT!" I jump out of my seat.

"Sit down." He orders calmly.

As I sit he walks to the book shelf by the wall.

"Would you like a drink?" He pulls out a bottle of cognac.

I shake my head, still confused. "I don't understand."

He takes a sip from the glass. "You know-" he pauses and laughs. "It would make sense; you know to let you leave. Then I wouldn't have to smell my brother's scent on you."

I forgot all about the marking. How stupid of me to come with Zayne scent all over me.

"No need to worry Leah. I know all about your plan, I must admit it actually worked."

He swallowed the last of his drink, and walks over to my chair he hovers over me before suddenly dropping to his knees.

"Leah, Is there still a connection between us? Even with my brother's mark.

I was frozen in disbelief.

Why the sudden interest? Not long ago he hated me, now he's on his knees begging for my forgiveness. My body still felt a strong connection for him but my heart told another story, I wasn't sure, if this was real.

"Why are you doing this?" I shake my head trying to keep from crying.

"Because Leah," he lifts one hand to the side of my face and rubs my cheek.

"The night of my attack I left this world and was sent to a duel reality created by my wolf.

You were there along with our son,"

"Son?"

"I was given two choices to be with Camila, without my wolf, or to build a future with you and our son."

"So who did you choose?"

He shakes his head, "I chose my wolf; I choose to keep my position as alpha and to make things right with you."

At that moment I couldn't contain my emotions, I started to cry uncontrollably. "You chose me?"

"But what about Camila," I ask?

He looks away for a split second. I could tell he didn't want to answer.

"What do you want me to say?"

Distancing myself from him, I was feeling so many different emotions.

"Did you think that I will easily forgive you, that I would blindly come running into your arms?"

"I'm not expecting you to run into my arms." He spits.

"Let me finish Alpha!" I need to get this off my chest.

He bites down on his jaw. He wasn't use to me, a human speaking to him this way. But he allows me to continue.

"I still feel strongly for you alpha," I cry.

"But I can't take this anymore. It's obvious you're still in love with Camila; had Zayne not marked me you wouldn't care about my well-being. But now all of a sudden you were given a choice of losing your wolf and alpha position now you want to make things right."

"Alpha, please grant me permission to leave!" "I've already found a place to go."

"Well my wolf and I won't allow it."

Feeling braver than usual, I boldly state, "I've decided to leave with or without your approval."

Just as I was about to turn and leave, Randi grabbed my arms and pinned my body against the wall. I struggled to free myself, but his super strength over powered me.

"I have to give it to, you've grown a lot. There's sometime different about you."

"So listen up Leah. Forgive and forget that's what's on offer, and I'll take you as my mate or you can just continue to resent me. I'll give you space and allow you time to think.

Cruz knocks at the door. "Alpha," "Your car is ready."

With irritation in his voice Randi replies "I'll be down soon."

"I have somewhere important to be at the moment. You can find your way out. After all you should make yourself familiar with the place this will be your new home soon."

Now back at home, I sat alone in my room.

"What just happened?"

"I'll give you space and allow you to think things over, is what he said.

He was crazy if he thought I would live with him.