pg 35

"That looks cute on you." Maria says.

Zayne doesn't say anything but stares at me.

He shakes his head. "Exactly. I don't like it." He bluntly states.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's too prom cute. That's not the look we're going for. You need something that'll command his attention."

"Yeah I guess you're right. It's too innocent." Maria adds.

After trying on almost all of the gowns I was starting to become frustrated. Zayne didn't seem to like any of them.

I slide on the last dress. This one was long and tight fitting. It hugged my body perfectly. "This is the last dress." I say as I walk out.

Maria mouth drops open and her eyes glowed. "Leah, you look beautiful."

I then notice Zayne wasn't here. "Where's Zayne?"

"Oh he went to go take a call. He should be back any second. But who cares come see yourself! "She grabs me by my arms and led me to a mirror.

"Who knew I had hips." I laugh.

"Turn around."

I freeze when Zayne reflection appears in the mirror. Maria forces me to turn and I wait for his reaction.

"Well?"

"You look-"

"Oh, Leah you look amazing!" another voice interrupted. We all turn and my heart stopped, at Camila and Randi's sudden appearance. She had dresses in her hand too.

Flashes of what happened the other day cross my mind. I could feel his eyes on me but I wouldn't dare look back.

"What are you two doing here?" Zayne said. "I thought you already had a dress picked out. You're buying another one?"

"Well, I did but I decided I really didn't like it as much, considering the fact this is the best dress boutique around. I made Randi take me." She finishes smiling at him. "And I really love that dress Leah's wearing. Um, excuse me?" She turns to Maria.

"Is there another dress like that?"

Sorry, that was actually the last one." Maria smiles dryly.

"Oh." Camila says disappointed.

I look down at the dress and speak. "You can actually have this one. I'll find another. "

"No!" Zayne barks. Grabbing my arm and pulling me to him. "This is your dress. Camila can found another one. Besides, I think you look beautiful in it." Zayne says.

He pushes a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Maria!" he calls.

"Yeah?"

"We'll like to purchase this one." Zayne slides my hand into his.

"Okay! I'll be in the front." Maria chirps.

"Um, I'm going to change back now." I say, pulling away.

"Okay. You need any help?" He suddenly asks catching me off guard.

"I'm sure she can do it without you." Randi blurts out. The two brothers stare down each other, waiting for the other to say something else.

"Um, actually I may need some help with the zipper in the back."

Zayne turns to me then back at the two with a huge Chester the cat smile. "Well it was nice seeing you two. I do hope you find the perfect dress Camila and as for Randi I'm sure they having something in your size. Maybe you should check the little girl's section." Zayne adds before grabbing a hold of my hand again and we disappear into the dressing room together.