pg 64

We both look to each other with shock. Fear creeps into me as he walks in farther and slams the door Shut, not once removing his eyes from me.

Still shaken up from early I try to speak. "I....I," I stuttered as I immediately try to collect the pictures and put them back.

"Why are you in my office?"

"Please forgive me." I say bowing my head as I walk around from his desk. I look up at him and that's when I notice the blood.

"What happened to you?"

He doesn't answer but instead sighs and walks to the lite fireplace. He starts to take off his wet shirt. He hisses. There were large gaping wounds with blood sliding down his chest. He undresses and throws his blood stained clothing into the fire.

"I'm sorry for being in your office, it won't happen again." I say.

"What did you see in the folder?"

I turn to him, while he stared into the fire.

I was going to lie about everything but he had already caught me so it was pointless. Those horrible images flash in my mind. "I, I don't understand. Who would do such a thing?"

He answers looking at me. "The handy work of hunters, they've sent me images from all over. We're one of the packs, out of four that hasn't been attacked yet. That's why this meeting is so important."

"Zayne might be right; bringing me would be a bad idea? I'm human and humans are the enemy."

"It wouldn't be the first time that I've broken the rules, so don't worry about what my brother has to say. If I choose to bring my mate that mother moon has given me, then so be it." He says moving to the liquor cabinet. He skips the already filled glass from earlier and chooses another. Unscrewing the top he starts drinking from the bottle itself.

I watch as he effortlessly gulps it down, as if he it had no effect on him. He places the now half empty bottle to his side, and stares at me. Feeling awkward I cross my arms over my chest as if to help cover myself from his gaze. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

Suddenly he starts walking towards me "Leah-"

I immediately step back; he notices my body gesture and stops in his tracks, taking a seat at his desk. He groans as he leans back; placing the bottle in front of him.

The mixture of rain and blood invade my senses and I close my eyes. "Don't worry. They'll be healed and gone within the next hour." He confirms.

I nod my head somehow feeling relieved. "Well, I should go." I say turning on my heels trying to leave.

"Before you go!" He calls out from behind me.

I turn back around and jump when he was standing only inches away from me.

"Good night." He whispers into my ear and plants a kiss on my cheek. So startled by his affection I couldn't resist. Finally releasing me he step back and turns away, leaving me feeling unsatisfied.