13

Hours later, I wake again but this time by a light knock at the door. Cathy stands in the door way. "Good morning, how do you feel?" I give a light smile to reassure her, "I'm fine." I say but I still don't feel my usually self. "You don't have to worry about delivering the breakfast this morning. I had someone else do it."

"You're breakfast is on the counter waiting for you. Come down when you're ready." She leaves and shuts the door. Slowly getting up, I removed my sweat drenched clothing to take a shower. Finishing, I put on a plain shirt with a blue jean jacket and slide into black skinny jeans with black combat boots. Heading down I stop before entering into the kitchen. Where

I hear whispering.

"You honestly believe it was just a bad dream? Of course not, the connection is might be breaking." Cathy's voice could be heard saying.

"As long as she's near him it shouldn't." Charles spoke. "It doesn't matter. He's wolf still wants her."

"Well it's nothing we can do about it. The alpha doesn't want her, especially now rumors going around he's going to make Camila his official mate."

His words had a stinging effect on my ears. I felt sick to the stomach. But I force myself into the kitchen, pretending to have heard nothing. Cathy and Charles try to act normal when they see me. "Good morning."

"How are you feeling, sweetie pie?" Charles asks. He places a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine." I answer. He looks to Cathy who looked perplexed. I was starting to become very aggravated, I hate when other people feel sorry for me.

"Well I should head out;" Charles got up to grab his coat. It's the Alpha, he called a meeting.

"See you soon two later for dinner."

"I made your favorite." Cathy says referring to the freshly cooked eggs and pancakes served with a glass of chocolate milk. I set on a barstool at the edge of the kitchen counter, I staring down at the plate of food. But I'm not very hungry!

There was a sudden knock at the door, which startled me. I jumped up out of my seat

"Don't worry I'll get it." Cathy dashes quickly to the door.

I could hear noise from the front but couldn't make out what was happening.

"She's in here." Cathy says. I peeked out the kitchen door, and to my surprise, Zayne was standing there talking to Cat.

"What...what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Leah is that how you greet the alpha's brother."

"Please have a seat." Cat says directing him to a seat beside me. "Would you like something to drink? I've made breakfast. "

"No thank you, I only came by to see if Leah was alright." He says looking at me with concern. I look back at him. "What do you mean?" Cat asks the question I wanted to know the answer to.

He turns toward Cathy and speaks. "No one else in the pack knows this, but since it involves you, I thought that you should know." Know what?" I say!

The alpha had an attack this morning. It had something to do with his wolf." He says looking in my eyes.

My eyes glanced back to my cold breakfast. "Is the alpha alright?" Cathy speaks.

"He's alright but I don't care about that. I'm more concerned with your daughter's safety right now!

"I'm fine." I answer.

"I also came to ask if you'll like to go somewhere with me?"

Cathy bites her lips nervously but she stays silent. "May I go?" I ask her. She nods her head, "As long as you're feeling well." I get up and follow Zayne out the door.

After hearing about what happen to Randi, a partof me actually felt reassured in the fact that he was hurting too. I was now certain,I wanted to make the alpha pay, for dissing me.