pg 48

Leah POV

Waking up the next morning, something felt different. Rolling over in bed I was expecting to see a sleeping Zayne but instead only wrinkled sheets. I realized I was naked. Thank god for my long curls

"Knock knock!"

Zayne suddenly appeared leaning against the door. He had his hands behind his back.

"Zayne?"

"Are you Okay?" He takes his hands from behind revealing a red rose.

I thank him and cast my eyes to the floor. It was awkward seeing him after last night.

I tighten my grip around the sheet, to keep covered.

Zayne starts to laugh.

"You're not seriously acting shy are you?" He smirks.

"I did mark you last night. I pretty much saw everything already, like that weird shaped birthmark, you have."

I blush he was right, but it was still awkward. I close my eyes from embarrassment.

"Good," Zayne clap's his hands together. "Now get dress we'll go downstairs to eat and then I can take you home."

As I eat my cereal I notice Zayne staring at me.

"What?"

Zayne shakes his head as if to snap out of his trace. "Nothing, I'm sorry. Are you done?"

--------------------

Finally at home we pull up to the curb. He turns the car off.

"I'll walk you to the front door." He smiles. He gets out and comes to my side of the car and opens the door and escorts me out.

Zayne phone rings, he answers , with a startled expression he respond. "I'm on my way."

"What is it?" I asked concerned.

"It's Randi, he collapsed last night.

My heart races with fear. "Is he ok? I need to see him!"

"No, we can't, it's not safe."

"What do you mean not safe?"

"Leah, If he collapsed because of what we did last night, you can't be anywhere near him, especially not now. This might be a fragile state for his wolf. If his wolf senses my mark on you I can't guarantee our safety. It's better if you stay here."

I follow after him. "Zayne, take me with you!"

Zayne sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose. "Please just listen to me."

"Zayne, Leah?" Cathy calls catching us off guard.

Cathy and Charles come to the door.

"Fuck!" Zayne curses before leading me to the car.