pg 24

Randi pov

Now in the packs care center I walk down the hall to see my brother in his room. Waiting outside his door were our parents and Dr. Ochoa.

"What's the matter?"" Is it Zayne? "I ask.

The gray headed man bows his head and speaks.

"Your brother is fine alpha, but he needs to rest, he refuses to follow any instructions until he sees you."

"I'll see him....And the girl?"

"Oh, as far as she's concern, her condition, she's stable. But will need to be carefully monitored. Her recovery will be much slower than if she were one of us." He explains.

I nod my head and turn to my parents, "Head home and rest." I reassure them.

"You'll need this alpha." The doctor hands me a key. I was slightly confused.

Entering into the room I was shocked at the sight of Zayne, to see him in a hospital gown and he was chained to the bed. He struggles to get up but is yanked back by the chain around his wrist.

"Where is she, where is Leah?!"

As I recall the events of tonight, I wanted to blame Zayne. But this was really my fault. I should have never allowed them to continue to see one another.

"She'll be fine."

"Randi, I had no clue rogues would cross onto our territory. We were just hanging out!"

"It doesn't matter you and her should have never been together in the first place. She isn't your mate; you shouldn't be concerning yourself with her!"

"Oh, that's really ironic coming from you. Considering how Camila isn't your mate either."

I sigh and rub the bridge of my nose. I walk to him and he stiffens, not sure to what I was about to do. I take the key and unlock his chain. They fall to the ground making a clinging noise.

"I tried to help her, but it was two against one." He says. I look to him but say nothing. He shakes his head and sits down on the edge of the bed.

"I need to see her." He says jumping back up and head towards the door. Everything went in slow motion as he got closer to the door and my wolf reacts.

"No!" I growl.

The next thing I knew I had Zayne up against the wall. My eyes widen and I release him immediately and step back. Zayne stares at me in disbelief before shoving pass me and out the room.

Moments later I follow after him to Leah's room and stop at the door that was slightly ajar. Not able to leave, I watched.