Playing With The Alpha- Chapter 14 pg 53

LEAH POV

"I've talked to an old friend of mine, Diane. She lives in the neighboring town, and she has two daughters, they'll be happy to take you in." Cathy says. I could tell she wasn't really sure about this and neither was Charles but they both said nothing. I just sat quietly and played with my dinner plate.

"But Leah, you do know you can't just leave right away. We have to get permission and approval from the alpha." Charles says.

"What?"

"That's how it works Leah. No one's allowed to up and leave, it's rare for members to want to leave their pack. But for those who do it's a long process. If things are really bad some won't wait and go rogue."

"How long does it take to get approval?"

They both shrug their shoulders, "Well depending on the situation maybe about a month." Charles answers.

"Considering the fact that I'm human and not an official member, can't I just leave on my own?"

"Well, your childhood ceremony has made you part of the pack." Charles reply.

An awkward silence falls and I could tell both Cathy and Charlie's were secretly communicating through their telepathic connection.

"Then it's settled we'll seek for approval tomorrow."

I shake my head and put my fork down.

"Leah," Cathy sang, "I said we'll do it after tomorrow."

"Wasn't this your ideal to begin with? Now that I actually what to go you're telling me to wait. If you two won't help me I'll go myself!" I snap and head for the front door. Just as I open it to my shock, there was Zayne, his hand held high as if he were just about to knock.

"Zayne?" I say breathlessly.

"May I come in?"

"No!" I answer abruptly.

"Well good, do you need a ride somewhere?" He puts one hand in his back pocket and uses the other to point to his car.

I bite my lip and debate with myself.

"Leah?" Cathy calls from behind me. Zayne bows to his elder.

"Actually yes you can." I answer as I grab his hand walking towards his vehicle. Getting into the passenger seat I strap myself in. Zayne does the same then starts the car.

"Where too doll face?" He smirks.

"I need to see alpha Randi."

"Why?" He questions.

"I told you yesterday. But now suddenly I need his approval to actually leave. I've already packed."

Zayne laughs out. "You were serious? Wow, you really are something else. Why do you want to leave? You're having second thoughts about bearing my mark!" He jokes, his tone playful like most days but this was serious.

"Zayne this isn't a joke. I can't stay here anymore. I made a promise to Randi!"

"You're serious!"

"You promised that arrogant bastard if he woke you'll leave and because he actually did wake up you're really going through with this. That's the lamest shit I've ever heard Leah. Do you know people make promises all the time and break them? You think he keeps his promises? He promised years ago that when he found his mate, he'll always love and protect her. Well guess what he broke that, you're living proof. So you're literally throwing everything away for my brother that's fucking ludicrous!"

"You mean like the promises you made me?", "Yeah, like when you promised me that your plan to make Randi jealous would work. You planted a fantasy in my head and I was dumb enough to actually believe it, and we wouldn't be here and I wouldn't feel as if someone has just ripped my heart out!"

Tears began streaming down my face. Zayne turns to me, but says nothing.