Chapter 66

Chapter 66

Brylie's POV

I kept on thinking about what Uriela said to me. Why does she keep on pushing me away? Siguro nga dahil sa may fiancee na sya. Nahihirapan sya pag nandyan ako? What does that suppose to mean?

When I woke up in the morning, I recieved a text from Mr. Miller. He's asking me to come over to his office. So I prepared and wore jeans, vneck tshirt and blazers on. Nagpa drive ulet ako kay manong but this time, I didn't interogate him.

When I arrived, I quickly asked for him. I rode the elevator and made my way to his office. Nakita naman ako ng secretary niya, "Goodmorning Mr. Arevalo."

I smiled, "Goodmorning." I was about to graze my sight away from her, when I saw her name plate. "So is Mr. Miller already there?"

"He still haven't arrived, Sir. You may wait inside, Sir." She opened the door for me and walked beside to signal me to enter. I sat on one of the couches and observed the whole room until  she spoke, "Do you want coffee or tea, sir?"

"Coffee will do. Black, less sugar, please," I smiled to her. She nodded. She came back with a coffee and placed it on the table, "Thank you."

She bowed and before she could even go, I called her again, "Excuse me?" 

"Yes sir?"

"You are the secretary of Mr. Miller, am I right?" 

"Yes sir."

"So ikaw yung nakausap ko sa phone noon?" I asked her bluntly. She looked bewildered and blushed after. 

"Y-yes, sir."

"May I ask you something? May kilala ka bang other secretary ni Mr. Miller?" 

She furrowed her forehead, "Ako lang po yung secretary ni Mr. Miller, sir."

I squinted at her. "Okay. Do you know any employee here named Uriela Islao?" I asked her. After a second, she grinned. Napatakip pa siya ng mouth niya and its like nagpipigil siya ng tawa niya.

She was about to answer nang mapatingin siya sa pinto. Mr Miller has arrived. "Goodmorning Sir. Mr. Arevalo is here," she greeted.

I stood up and fixed myself. Mr Miller got in and smiled at me, "Good to see you again," 

"My pleasure," I smiled back.

Mr Miller faced his secretary, "Please get me a coffee. The usual, thank you," he turned his sight on me, "Let's have a seat."

We took our seat after.

"So I asked you to come over to ask if you enjoyed the party?"

"Of course I enjoyed. I truly appreciated it," I grinned.