''You felt it too, right?''

It had to be a nightmare. It couldn't possibly be something else. The clock in Alice's living room had already hit 12:30am, so witching hour had indeed start. But what happened that night had nothing to do with any kind of witch craft. It was just stupid bad luck but she prayed that somehow she would wake up and that her life would just go on the way it had always done.

She heard herself murmur something to the person on the other line, but aftter she heard the details she needed to know she just nodded a few times, pretending to listen, even though he couldn't see her. All she could think of was her youngest daughter and her boyfriend who just got brought into the hospital. All Alice had heard was that they weren't sure that one or both of them was going to make it. They would do everything they can, just like every doctor always said to somehow comfort the relatives of the victim.

Alice wasn't someone who cried a lot. Not because she was emotionless, absolutely not. She felt a lot, but showing it was something she stopped doing after she married Hal Cooper. He never was the comforting type and most of the time he couldn't even handle his own or somebody else's emotions.

So no, she never told someone when she felt like she wanted to escape her life, run away and never look back. Those were just thoughts she had to keep for herself. Maybe if she hadn't two beautiful daughters who she loved so much she would have the courage to actually run away. But the blonde haired girls called Betty and Polly were her whole world, so if she had to stay for their sake she would chose them over her own freedom and happiness in a heartbeat.

She was alone, so she could let her tears fall down. Hal was sleeping at the Register but her mind didn't go to him. It went to FP. Since he wasn't Jughead's legal guardian for a while the hospital had probably called his foster family, where he almost never was because he couldn't let go of his dad.

Someone had to tell him what had happened, even though it was in the middle of the night. She had nowhere else to go and right now she needed to be with someone who just felt the same as she did.

Alice had grabbed her keys and coat and stepped into her car and placed her trembling hands on the steering wheel. Maybe it wasn't the best plan to drive in her mental state right now, but she had no other choice.

She knew the way to SunnySide trailer park like she drove there every day, but it had been over twenty years since she last sat foot in that part of town. It was like her intuition had driven her to FP's trailer.

Her heart broke by the thought of knowing that she had to give FP, - who was a parent just like she was - the news about his son and her daughter who were fighting for their lives right now. She didn't even know what exactly happened, her mind had already drifted of the moment she knew something was terribly wrong.

Alice took a deep breath and looked around the neighbourhood. It felt strange and yet so familiar to be there again. Twenty years had passed, but everything still looked the same as she remembered. Even FP's mailbox was still the same shade of red. She remembered painting it together one day and she wondered if her initials were still on there too. Her mind was looking for a distraction to not knock on his door, but she knew she had to.

After she had gathered all her courage she knocked three times. A few seconds past but she hadn't heard any movement. Her eyes fell on her watch and she saw that it was already 1am. No wonder he wasn't answering.

FP Jones wasn't one to wake that easily, so she knocked again but a lot harder this time. Again she waited a few seconds but this time she thought she heard a door opening inside.

He was probably looking through the peephole in his door to see who dared to wake him up in the middle of the night. And she was right. He did, to see Alice Cooper through the tiny glass standing on his porch with a look on her face he couldn't quite make out.