Taking down the farm

FP was nervously waiting at the Sheriff station since Jughead just called him that he needed to see him as soon as possible. He wouldn't even say what he wanted to talk about so he assumed it was something so serious that he couldn't tell it on the phone. He respected that, but his gut was telling him that somehow it was very bad news.

Luckily he didn't have to wait long because both Jughead and Betty had rushed towards the station and waltzed into his office with another man FP hadn't seen before behind them.

''Boy, what's going on?'' FP immediately asked his son. The look on Jughead's face confirmed FP's feeling that something was terribly wrong. He was out of breath, so they had probably run to the office the moment they stepped out of the car.

''Mr. Jones, there's a lot we have to explain to you, but right now we need the police department. My mom, Polly, Kevin, they are all in danger.'' Betty raged without taking a breath. It felt like they couldn't lose a second anymore so she wanted to tell the story as quickly as possible.

''Slow down there, what are you talking about?'' All FP knew was that the Farm had moved somewhere else. He hadn't spoken to Alice since their last phone call about Hal, and before that he broke her heart, so FP didn't know much about the Farm and where it was heading since she never was really open about that towards him.

''Maybe I can explain.'' FP's eyes now fell on the boy that had been calmly stood behind Betty and Jughead all that time, waiting for his moment to take place in the conversation. He was probably the only one who could tell the story with just enough details to get going and in a way that FP would understand what actually was happening right now.

Jughead now realised that he didn't even took the moment to introduce him. ''Oh dad this is...'' He got cut off. ''Charles. I'm Charles Smith.'' He filled for him in. Charles awkwardly smiled at FP. He was still overwhelmed by the fact that his father stood right in front of him, even though they didn't really have time to have a proper talk. Now he looked his father in the eyes he finally understood what Alice had been saying. They indeed had a lot of similarities.

FP's heart skipped a beat the moment he heard those words fall of his lips. It felt like the world around him was coming at him. He just couldn't believe what he heard. As far as he was concerned his first bon was dead, so he couldn't stand in front of him right now.

FP tried hard to fight against his tears and just stared into the blue eyes of the man who claimed to be Charles Smith. ''But-But that can't be, you are...'' FP couldn't finish his sentence because it was way too painful. He hadn't talked much about Charles with Alice but he had been on his mind a lot lately. He had wondered how he looked like, how he would dress, if he had Alice's eyes or if he had his brown eyes, and so there were a thousand things he had thought about while thinking about his son. And right now it felt like a dream that he was standing in front of him.

''I know that's what Chic made Alice believe, but that was all a big lie. I'd love to fully explain that to you one day, but right now there's no time for that.'' Charles looked in his pocket and grabbed his FBI badge and showed it to FP.

''I'm working for the FBI. Alice has been working with me for the last few months to take down Edgar Evernever and his so called Farm. We do need your, and your officers help.''

This was a lot for FP to process but like Charles said, there was absolutely no time for that. In a matter of two minutes he got to know that the son he had with his high school girlfriend was still alive, that that same girl was working for the FBI with their son, and that apparently she and a lot of other Riverdale citizens were in danger.

''I'll call my squad while we're on our way. We'll follow your orders.'' They gave each other a light nod. For a moment FP thought about the fact that right now he, as a Sheriff, was working with his son, a FBI agent, the first time they met. It was somehow ridiculous and beautiful at the same time.

Falice One Shots by falicewinsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara