Panic Attack

A few weeks passed and the tension in the Jones household was pretty intense. Alice and Betty where temporarily living there until Alice would find another place to live. It's not like they fought a lot but it was a lot to take to live in a house with the six of them and two little toddlers walking around. It felt like it was about time to let the bomb explode.

Alice was still trying to get back to her life by pretending nothing had happened. Everytime FP had tried to talk to her about Charles she had brushed it off. She wouldn't even tell Betty about her undercover mission. She woudln't admit it, but it was just to hard for her. She knew that she caused pain. Especially to Betty, her own daughter. It was over now so there was no need in talking about it over and over again. If she wanted to talk she could talk with Charles. 

There was also tension between FP and Alice. He disagreed about the way she was handling things just like her daughters did. He only didn't say those words out loud. Of course he knew that it was partly his own fault. He had hurt her and didn't even properly explain why he did what he did. 

So right now he  just gave her space to figure things out. He couldn't force her in talking about what she went through. It felt unfair that she didn't want to talk about Charles into detail but at least Charles did  open up to him, so he wouldn't have to fill in the blancs by himself. 

She was punshing him by constantly giving him the cold shoulder, but to be honest? He didn't blame her. If this was her way then he wouldn't try to meddle. They passed each other around breakfast and dinner, but besides that they didn't really talk that much. Charles adviced him to talk it slow because even though she wouldn't say those words out loud, she was pretty messed up right now. Going undercover for the FBI does something to your mind and body he couldn't even explain FP. He was grateful to have his son back, but it didn't feel right as long he and Alice hadn't patched up things. 

-- 

It was around midnight and everyone in the Jones house was already sleeping, except for Alice. When she was alone in her bed it felt like the only moment to let all her emotions go. She had it bottled up for a few weeks now but she couldn't hold it back any longer. 

The tears were starting to stream down her face and her sobs became uncontrollably very quickly. It was overwhelming her like her mind didn't have control over her body anymore. She tried everything to get her breath under control again but she didn't succeed. It was a fight she wasn't going to win. She felt a pain through her lungs of breathing so heavily. Her whole body started to panic.

At the same time Jellybean got out of her bed. She was on her way to the bathroom to get some water when she heard strange noises coming out of Alice's bedroom. She didn't recognize what is was so she knocked softly. 

There came no response but the noises didn't go away. When she listened carefully with her ear on the door it sounded like Alice was crying. Jellybean opened the door and saw the woman she had just met a few weeks ago having a big panic attack. Alice couldn't even say something to her but Jellybean could read the fear in her eyes.

The first thing that came into her mind was waking up her dad. She rushed downstairs, where she almost tripped on the stairs and run to the couch where she started to shake her dad's body to wake him up. 

FP got up in a shock and looked at the girl who was bending in front of the couch. ''Jellybelly, what's wrong?'' FP suddenly wasn't tired anymore because he could see something was very wrong. ''It's Alice. I think she's having a panic attack. I don't know what to do. It looked pretty scary, dad.'' FP grabbed her shoulders. ''I'll make sure she's okay. Please go back to sleep.''

FP almost ran upstairs, followed by his daughter. She hesitated to get back to bed because she was worried, but when FP entered Alice's room he closed the door. Alice was still trying to get her panic attack under control, but when FP entered the room she started to even panic more.