Through the eye of the neelde / Part 3

When Alice woke up she was disappointed to feel an empty bed next to her. It had been her own decision to take things slow so she had nothing to complain about. It was difficult, but taking things slow also meant keeping whatever they were to themselves and not involve the kids. Sleeping in the same bed together would have to much risk for the kids to find out and they just weren't ready for that yet.

Every piece of her body had told her that she wanted FP close to her that night, but despite for that kiss nothing could happen. That also didn't really fit into the description of 'taking things slow' so they both had to keep their act together if they didn't want to make the same mistakes they did before.

Alice and FP had a lot of differences but there was one thing they were both extremely good at: not talking about their feelings and finding an unhealthy cope mechanism to deal with their thoughts.

When they were together it meant that they had sex a lot, but never had the real talk about where they stood. Now they weren't having sex in order to avoid that coping mechanism, but that was a very new way to deal with everything that was going on into their minds. This time they had to talk, and that was very difficult task for the both of them.

She looked at her alarmclock and saw that it was only 7am. Her mind was already loaded with thoughts about her and FP so she wouldn't fall asleep anymore. Her eyes begged for just a few minutes of sleep, but now she was awake she'd rather take the opportunity to make breakfast for her kids.

Especially since Jughead was home these days she wanted to make his favourites. They hadn't much in common but their love for breakfast in the morning was one thing they were both passionate about. She was glad she had at least one thing to bond over with the boyfriend of her daughter – and son of the man she was sorting things out with.

With her robe tightly draped around her she got downstairs, expecting an empty living room to only find FP in the kitchen already, pouring some milk into a bowl.

She stopped at the end of the stairs and admired the sight for a moment. The Joneses weren't morning persons, both FP, Jughead and Jellybean were the living proof of that. Apparently he had set his alarm to make some breakfast for everyone, which warmed her heart.

''Don't forget the eggs.'' Alice said, making him turn around by the sound of her sweet morning voice. She stood there with her arms crossed at the end of the stairs and a smirk on her face.

The moment he noticed her the corners of his mouth shot into the air, creating a smile on his sleepy face. His hair was messy and he was still wearing his pyjama's, so he hadn't been up for much longer than she had.

''Good morning.'' He said without taking his eyes of her, still stirring in the batter. She slowly got over to him and got on her tip toes to peck a kiss onto his lips. He smiled and bit his lip when she pulled back.

He had to fight the urge to lift her up the counter and make love to her right there and right now, but he reminded himself that they were taking things slow. Besides, if the kids would come down it would probably scar them for life, which didn't seem like a great idea.

''How did you sleep?'' He asked her while pouring the first batter into the frying pan. He swirled it around so it spread to the corners of the pan as well. Alice grabbed his other hand that was holding the end of the counter. She pulled his hand away and slowly played with his fingers before intertwining them together. 

''Good, but would have been better with you next to me.'' She admitted softly. It was a cute confession in his eyes because it wasn't something she wouldn't say that easily. He shared her feeling. He wanted nothing more than to hold her at night and feeling the warmth of her body against his, but it was just too early for that.