Promise

The words Betty had just said to her echoed through her mind. They boy that had become family wasn't really dead after she had been mourning him for days now. Why did they keep this from her? Why did they pretend to suffer when all of that was just a big game? Why hadn't they let her in? Wasn't she trustworthy?

Her eyes lingered on the camera that she had just turned off and placed on their dining table. According to her plan she wanted to film again tomorrow, but right now she wasn't sure which way to go. This wasn't a documentary about the mysterious death of the son of her boyfriend. This was about something way deeper. And she wasn't part of it.

There wasn't much time to think about that though as FP came down the stairs dressed in his pajamas. She had just changed into her nightgown and only came downstairs to grab a glass of wine and avoid seeing him for just a little bit longer. But now she couldn't think of what she was going to say to him when she would enter their bedroom because now, he was the one looking for her.

''Are you coming upstairs?'' He asked her sleepily.

The worst part about all of this wasn't even the lie itself. It was about her doubting everything that was coming out of his mouth, every twitch on his face, every single touch. Was he really tired or did he just fake it, so she'd come upstairs and he'd pretend to fall asleep to avoid a conversation about the day full of lies they just had?

It didn't last long before he read the anger in her eyes and he stopped his walk in the middle of the living room.

''Care to explain why I needed to hear from my daughter about the scheme you're all in on?'' She crossed her arms and if looks could kill FP would have been dead by now.

He gulped and his body tensed up. This was bad news. This was very bad news. Betty broke her promise. It was his task to tell her after Donna started to doubt herself. Their mission hadn't really started yet, this was just something they had to go through before their real plan. 

FP didn't want to involve her unless absolutely necessary. Jughead was going to confront them later this week and that would be when FP was supposed to tell her. But there was no use in blaming Betty now.

''Alice, I—'' He started carefully as he took a step closer to the kitchen counter where she was standing. Her eyes told him enough, though. Not one step closer. He took a deep breath and started explaining.

''Jughead and Charles came to me to talk about Quill and Skull. I'd never thought things would go down this way so fast, I wanted to tell you but—''

Alice didn't give time to finish. Their conversation had just started but she was done with the excuses he was already trying to make-up.

''But what, FP? After all that we have been through you don't trust me?! You think it was a good idea to keep something this big from me?!'' She scoffed loudly as she walked around the kitchen counter to face him. Her body was filled with rage and she was going to make sure he was feeling it.

''I trust you, Alice. Believe me, I do. This isn't just my case. The FBI is involved, you know how that goes.'' He tried to remain calm, but he felt himself getting worked up more by the second. This wasn't just about them or their relationship, this was about the life of his son who was in danger. All he wanted was for her to see the bigger picture the way he did.

''Don't you dare try to turn this around about me not telling you about The Farm or Charles. You damn well why I couldn't. You're just forgetting one important thing, FP.'' She spat out as she walked over to him, now dangerously close to his face. Her voice lowered more and more which was a sign that she was beyond mad. Maybe even beyond furious by now.