Arcade

Jughead's eyes grew wide as his hand twirled the game controller around. It had taken him a lot of tries, but he felt he was getting somewhere and would finally beat that one high score that had been there for years now.

Fellow Serpents had joked about how nobody would ever beat that score, which in he only heard a challenge. After all, why wouldn't he be able to win a game about burgers? That high score was meant to be his.

But then he lost once again, after trying over and over again the whole night. He grunted loudly and kicked the arcade game as hard as he could. He hard some of his friends laugh in the background but he was too annoyed to even say something about it.

''Stress relief, huh?'' Toni walked over to him from behind the bar and planted her hand on his shoulder as she tried to hold back her smirk.

Jughead sighed and got readjusted his beanie a little. He just couldn't stand that someone he didn't know beat him at his game before he even existed. This was war against someone who probably didn't even care.

''Don't worry, you'll get the tomato next time.'' She patted his shoulder and looked at the score board on the game, slightly shaking her head when she saw how much he was behind.

''You don't get the tomato. That's not the point of the—'' Jughead started frustrated but then realized that he was getting worked up over a stupid arcade game and was taking it out on one of his best friends.

''Forget it I'll never beat the high score.'' He sighed and headed over to the bar to grab a drink form Hog Eye.

If there was a moment he could use a beer, now was the time. His old friend shook his head in amusement and remembered all the time when he and his friends used to play the game. Matter of fact, he remembered the exact moment when he saw the one Jughead was envying so much get to the high score.

''Who's ASS? And also, really? ASS? How old is this guy, ten?'' She scoffed and draped her towel over her shoulder as she shook her head disapprovingly.

Hog Eye started to smirk the second he heard Toni's question. If they really expected it to be a ten-year-old boy then they were definitely in for a treat. There was no way on earth he could defeat the champion.

''Who says it's a guy? So much for gender equality.'' He said in all seriousness but winked at Toni who thought over her words.

Jughead had sat down on a barstool in front of him and Hog Eye passed him a beer without asking. The frown on his face told him enough. Jughead took a sip and looked up at his friend, realizing that maybe he knew more than he was telling.

''So, do you know who ASS is?'' He asked curiously, trying to read something in his eyes, but Hog Eye wasn't done playing this game. The longer he'd wait in telling him, the funnier it would get.

''Maybe I do, maybe I don't. Won't matter in a few days—'' Jughead had stopped paying attention the second he started being mysterious and figured he wouldn't tell him anyway. So, instead he chugged his drink, which slowly started to concern Hog Eye.

''Hey, Jughead. Take it easy on the root beer, huh?'' He said sternly, but at this point the boy didn't listen to reason anymore. He finished his beer until the last drip and climbed on one of the tables.

As if it was his life story he started telling about how close he was beating the undefeatable score at the Burger Chef game. Since he wasn't really a drinker the beer was slowly kicking in which made it amusing for the Serpents to watch him tell the story very dramatically.

Toni and Hog Eye shared a look and siged loudly. That's when and idea hit him. This night was going to be way more fun if he'd call her right away.