Into the Future

a/n: this one shot is a little different! not just falice, but barchie-jeronica and choni focussed too. it's set fifteen-twenty years after they graduated from high school. before anyone attacks me for the choice of ships; these are not necessarily the couples I want to be endgame but I started out of the concept of what and interesting storyline would be if Riverdale would have another show in about twenty years. I do love both barchie and jeronica so I thought I'd write them sometime! of course there is some cute falice in here too. 

''I love our little kid, but it feels nice to breathe a little for just this one night,'' Archie joked as he pulled Betty closer to him.

Their son was three years old now, even if it felt to Betty that it was yesterday that she gave birth to him. She always had trouble bringing him back to her mother and give herself some time off, but both Alice and FP had insisted that she deserved some free time with her husband. Still, their son wasn't the only thing on her mind though and Archie seemed to catch on real quick when she didn't chuckle along with him.

''What are you thinking about, Betty?'' He asked her, noticing the worry in her eyes that she tried to hide so much.

''It's nothing, Arch. Let's watch a movie, okay?'' She smiled away his concern and planted a kiss on his cheek. When she made movements to stand up from the couch and grab the remote, he yanked her back towards him.

''I can't relax not knowing what is going on in that mind of yours. Are you worried about Jonathan?'' He asked her as his thumb gazed along her shoulder.

If someone knew how much trouble she has with giving her son to someone else than it was the father of her child. He missed his baby boy too but could also enjoy the stolen moments when they brought him over to either Alice and FP or Mary and Hermione.

When he saw the way she couldn't even look into his eyes he knew that it was something else that was keeping her distracted. It wasn't if he hadn't thought about the same thing, because he clearly had. With her he could talk about anything, but this always had been a subject both of them rather avoided.

''You're worried about Jughead's return, aren't you?'' He asked her softly and the sad look on her face told him the answer. Even if they were solid as a rock, they both knew that how things went down with Jughead were hard for both of them.

''It's not just that. I feel like ever since we knew he was coming back for Cheryl and Toni's wedding it felt like FP can't even look at me.'' She sighed frustrated, crawling closer to her man.

Archie didn't waste the opportunity to kiss her temple and nuzzle his nose in a hair for a bit before he answered her thoughts.

''Things will be fine, I promise you that. I think that you should talk to FP. You became really close all those years and I don't believe he holds any grudge against you, that's not the kind of person he is.'' He tells her and even when she is staring at the wall, she gives him a slight nod. By now her and FP could talk about anything, but it still felt weird whenever the mention of Jughead fell.

''Did you talk to Jughead recently?'' She looked up now, looking for his eyes as she waited for him to answer.

It wasn't a secret that Archie and Jughead had been in touch over the years, but with him being all over the world it didn't really come to a visit as he was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Still, Jughead was his best friend through everything and that wouldn't change.

''Last time we talked he was in Berlin. He should be on his way for the wedding in a few days. He told me that Cheryl and Toni let all their international guests sleep at Thistle House.'' Archie told her in all honesty.