Pillow Talk

FP had been making a lot of over hours these last weeks which meant he was rarely home. The case of the tapes had his full attention since there was still no clue why people kept receiving these tapes on their doorstep. 

Besides that Jughead came home early and gave him a third degree about his grandfather without knowing how much of a touchy subject that was for him. He hadn't ever thought that he had to talk about him again until his son started asking questions. He should have known that it was about to come up soon since his dad had a reputation at Stonewall Prep.

Even when he had a lot of work today, he just couldn't find the focus to really get himself to work now he had opened that box of old memories he'd rather kept hidden forever. Just the thought of how his dad had beaten up his mom, or himself for that matter made him fill with rage all over again.

His dad didn't deserve the attention and curiosity Jughead was giving him right now but the kid always had been quite the detective. If he was going to find out he'd better tell him his own story, instead of finding it out all by himself. For now it seemed that being honest with him was going to stop his son from investigating it any further, so he decided to open up instead of being mysterious about it.

After he locked the front door he hang his jacket and hat on the coatrack to see that the living room was empty and dark again. He couldn't even remember if he had a dinner at home this month, since he always came home when everyone was in bed already.

For reasons he couldn't even explain he felt empty inside seeing this house at night, without someone there to welcome him. There was a big chance Alice was asleep by now, but at least he could snuggle up against her. Just the sound of her breathing was enough to calm him down, at least for tonight.

He stumbled up the stairs as quiet as possible not wanting to wake up anybody. He peaked into the room of his daughter to his bean peacefully sleeping. He couldn't be happier than to have her back into his life. After he closed her bedroom door again he walked over to the master bedroom, opening it quietly, expecting to find Alice peacefully asleep as well.

To his surprise she was sitting behind her desk, looking into her mirror and removing her make-up with a moist wipe. She smiled when she saw him coming in, since she was expecting him to be home for at least another thirty minutes.

''Hey, thought you'd be sleeping by now.'' He said quietly, while closing the door behind him. Alice got up to peck a kiss on his lips, which he gladly accepted. Just a simple kiss from her could make his day completely.

''Normally I would, but I wanted to wait up for you. We haven't been seeing each other a lot lately.'' She said while playing with his tie. 

She admired the fact that he was working so hard, but deep down she missed that they weren't even able to have dinner as a family now they were together. It wasn't if they didn't want to, they just hadn't found the time yet. Even if FP was home early then was Alice working at the RIVW.

FP sighed and nodded slowly. She was right, if they had time for each other it was mostly late with one of them being exhausted for the day, or just some time in the morning. They had their fun, but time to discuss their lives didn't seem like something they had a lot right now.

''Yeah, I know. Sorry babe.'' He placed his hand in the crook of her neck and leant in to place a soft kiss on her cheek. She loved the nickname he was giving her. It took her back to when they were seventeen.

''But since you're up... we do have some times for ourselves now.'' He smirked devilishly, his eyes going down to scan her whole body and seeing that she was dressed in her silk nightgown already which had turned on from the moment she had worn it for the very first time.